TCP connections in Solaris 2.5 drivers

Post by Guy Berna » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to develop a Solaris 2.5 driver using TCP connections from inside a kernel
driver (not from user processes) to remote processes. There are some kernel routines
declared in /usr/include/sys/t_kuser.h, such as t_kopen(), t_kbind(), t_kconnect().
These routines should be the kernel equivalent of t_open(), t_bind(), t_connect()
routines at user level. However, these routines are encapsulated in a driver
(/kernel/misc/tlimod), so only t_kopen() and t_kclose() are accessible.

So the questions are:
1. What is this /kernel/misc/tlimod driver for ?? How to use it ??
2. Is there a way to use these unaccessible t_kxxx() routines ?
3. Is there another way to setup TCP connections from inside the kernel ? (SunOS had
kernel routines such as socreate, sosend, etc. which no longer exist in Solaris 2.5).

Thanks for help,
        guy

Head, Computer Science Department        | http://www-inf.int-evry.fr
Institut National des Telecommunications | Phone: +33 1 60764567
9 rue Charles Fourier                    | Fax:   +33 1 60764780
91011 EVRY Cedex, FRANCE                 |

1. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

I am searching for plugins for Netscape Navigator on a SPARC Solaris 2.5
system.  While any help would be appreciated, I am especially looking for
plugs for RealAudio, wav, and Shockwave files.

Surely I don't have to go out and buy an IBM PC running windows or a
just to be able to access sites which use these technologies.
--

:s <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."
:s Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should

2. QMS PS 800 Printer

3. freeze on new TCP connections sol 2.5

4. Fix irq event debug print-out, and add stack dump which can

5. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

6. hide-password

7. TCP Checksum error with WD8013WC on FreeBSD-2.2.5 (driver ed0)

8. Parallel Processessing in C.

9. TCP Wrapper binaries for Solaris 2.5

10. TCP Performance SunOS4.x -> Solaris 2.5

11. tcp wrapper logging on Solaris 2.5

12. Mechanism of TCP/IP Socket Buffer Allocation under Solaris 2.5.x

13. TCP implementation in Solaris 2.5