How to partion a SunStoredge disk with Solaris10 x86

How to partion a SunStoredge disk with Solaris10 x86

Post by Guenter Feldma » Wed, 05 Jan 2005 01:05:36

Hi,

 I have not been able to partion a 500GB Sun Storedge3310 disk
with Solaris10 x86 (build 72). The format program allows me
to create partions up to ~46 GB. All attempts to allocate larger
partions resulted in an 'out of range' message. Trying to
specify the right disk size with format/type, fdisk -s or
fdisk -S ... had no effect.

When booting the V20z blade the bios shows the disk with the right
size!

Any hint?

-- Guenter

Post by John D Groenve » Wed, 05 Jan 2005 02:03:14

> I have not been able to partion a 500GB Sun Storedge3310 disk
>with Solaris10 x86 (build 72). The format program allows me

Known bug and looks like it may not have been fixed until a more
recent build.

John

1. Re-partioning & Re-partioning & Re-partioning & Re-partioning

On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:25:08 GMT, Matthew Planchant

What does fdisk or cfdisk say about the partition table layout?

The amount of mounted usable space will vary depending on how the
filesystems are initialized, since the filesystem overhead will vary.

Best regards, Paul

Paul Sherwin Consulting     22 Monmouth Road, Oxford OX1 4TD, UK
Phone  +44 (0)1865 721438   http://www.psherwin.strayduck.com

2. ARM based binary with GDB

3. disk partions (iI am installing 3 OS'es, need > then 4 partions)

4. Build Your Own Network Intrusion Kit!

5. x86 disk partioning problems

6. n-time password module for apache?

7. fdisk partions, anyway to have 2 x86 Solaris on the same disk?

8. Changing Modification Time for a Symbolic Link

9. how to use windows-programs under Solaris10/X86

10. Solaris10 x86 installation problem

11. 1023 Cylinder limit in x86 Solaris10; workarounds?

12. Streamripper on Solaris10-x86-GA

13. Re-partioning Extended partion