TCP/IP stack for Wabi 2.2

Post by Aditya Talw » Fri, 01 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hello

Under Wabi 2.2 is it possible to install some kind of TCP/IP stack.

Thanks
aditya
--

System & Network Analyst, NACM

TCP/IP stack for Wabi 2.2

Post by Clarence Wilkers » Fri, 01 Nov 1996 04:00:00

There is a stack already there that works for
some things, for example Eudora. I did not get
it to work for AOL30.

Clarence Wilkerson

1. Packets from bottom of TCP/IP stack direct to application bypassing stack

Hello Everyone

I am working on a ADSL modem and have the following situation that I
would like to have some advice on.

I need to filter out some packages in the lower level of the network
stack. There are 2 types of packages: [eth | ppp | ip | udp] and [eth
| ip | udp], the data in these packages are the same and they can be
identified with the first 16 bits in the UDP data.

I have manage to catch these packages in the /net/core/dev.c file and
function netif_rx(...) with the 16 bit ID so I have the packages.

Now for my question: How do I in an easy way get these packages
directly to my application without using the network stack. I need
BOTH of these packages to reach there and if I use socket the one with
PPP get thrown away somewhere and that is not so good.

I know this is not a very specific question and a little vague but
some advice and pointers would be appreciated.

Regards
Andreas

2. unsub

3. tcp / ip stack and ip forwarding questions

4. Deleting Linux and LILO

5. tcp/ip hangs on Solaris 2.2

6. How do I start/stop oracle 9i on Linux 8 (redhat) automatically?

7. TCP/IP address change under Solaris 2.2

8. help - can't get 2-way network connection!

9. what got broken in 2.2 kernel's TCP/IP?

10. Possible problem in 2.2.x tcp/ip when using netmask 255.255.255.224

11. Solaris 2.2 tcp/ip performance

12. Replacing Netware 3.12 TCP/IP (RIP) router with Linux 2.2

13. Interactive Unix Rel. 2.2, TCP/IP, X