I am trying to get some help on a Sun C++ Workshop compiler problem. I
can't seem to find any help on Sun's website, as all they want to do is
shove Sun ONE studio down my throat.
There are a number of us workshop uses lurking here.
1. compiler warnings going from WorkShop 4.2 to WorkShop 6 update 1
We are in the process of re-compiling our programs using WorkShop 6
update 1 and I keep getting a lot of annoying warning messages. One
"String literal converted to char* in initialization"
and others are complaining about function pointers as arguments to
functions, like for signal, thr_create, and atexit. A typical warning
Warning (Anachronism): Formal argument 2 or type extern "C"
void(*)(int) in call to std::signal(int, extern "C" void (*)(int)) is
being passed void(*)(int).
The calls are being made in a C++ program.
Is there anyway to correct this warnings? I used the "-w" option for
the compiler to silence the string literal warnings, but I am afraid
it is silencing other warnings as well. I am assuming that the
"extern C" warning is coming up because it is a C++ program. I know
they are just warnings, but I like to have clean compiles. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
University of Rochester
Laboratory for Laser Energetics
2. StarOffice -- Black buttons and pictures
3. Exception Handling with Sun's Workshop Compiler Version 6 Update 2
4. Apache ReWrites to own VirtualServer
5. undefined symbol ::__vtbl with Sun WorkShop 6 update 1 C++ Compiler (5.2)
6. The tcflush () function on SunOS and HP-UX
7. Problem with Sun Workshop C++ compiler
8. Bad Group ID
9. SUN Workshop C++ Compiler Error
10. Sun Workshop Compilers 4.2 and 6.0
11. Sun Workshop 4.2 C++ Compiler - debug symbol format not understood by debuggers
12. MicroFocus Cobol 4.1 compiler /w SUN Workshop Pro C 4.2 library question ?
13. SUN Workshop C++ Compiler Error