SparcStation 2 PROM Password

Post by Kurt Ramsde » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

We have several Sparc 2's that were given to us and they have PROM passwords
on them.  I'm trying to re-install: how do I reset those passwords?

Thanks in advance,
Kurt

SparcStation 2 PROM Password

Post by Stephen Hinche » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Kurt,

If you can login as root you can use the "eeprom" command to either
reset the password or turn the password off.

To reset the password the command is eeprom security-password=<CR>
and you will be prompted for the new password.

To turn off prom passwords the command is eeprom security-mode=none

--

Stephen Hinchey
Director

voice 510-653-7090
fax   510-653-7096

SparcStation 2 PROM Password

Post by (Mike » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I'm in the same situation and I don't have root access, what can I do?

Thanks,
Mike

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:38:30 -0700, Stephen Hinchey