UNIX System Administration Course Notes available on the Web

UNIX System Administration Course Notes available on the Web

Post by Frank G. Fiamin » Thu, 11 May 1995 04:00:00

For the past few years I've been teaching a short course
entitled, Introduction to UNIX System Administration, for
The Ohio State University community.  As time went by the
notes became more and more extensive, totalling 30 chapters
with over 250 pages today.   In the hope that others might
also find them useful, I'm now making these notes available
over the network via the World Wide Web, URL:

http://sunos-wks.acs.ohio-state.edu/sysadm_course/sysadm.html

The notes are in PostScript format.  They were written
with FrameMaker.  If you know of a good (free) Frame-to-HTML
conversion package, please let me know.

The course covers SunOS and Solaris in-depth, with some
mention of IRIX, Ultrix and Digital UNIX (formerly OSF/1).

The notes are usually able to stand on their own, but as
they were designed to go with a lecture, they may occasionally
be sparse.  Some services referenced in the notes for the OSU
community may not be available off Campus.

Helpful comments and corrections of factual or typgraphical
errors are always welcome.

        Enjoy,
        Frank
Frank Fiamingo                          Academic Technology Services

(614)292-7802

1. Unix System Administration Course Notes

For the past few years I've been teaching a short course
entitled, Introduction to UNIX System Administration, for
The Ohio State University community.  As time went by the
notes became more and more extensive, totalling 30 chapters
with over 250 pages today.   In the hope that others might
also find them useful, I made these notes available
over the network via the World Wide Web a year ago, URL:

http://www-wks.acs.ohio-state.edu/sysadm_course/sysadm.html

At the time the notes were available only in PostScript format.
They are now also available in HTML, at the same URL.

The course covers SunOS and Solaris in-depth, with some
mention of IRIX, Ultrix and Digital UNIX (formerly OSF/1).

The notes are usually able to stand on their own, but as
they were designed to go with a lecture, they may occasionally
be sparse.  I intend to update them soon to include Solaris 2.5.
Some services referenced in the notes for the OSU
community may not be available off Campus.

Helpful comments and corrections of factual or typgraphical
errors are always welcome.

        Enjoy,
        Frank
Frank Fiamingo                          University Technology Services

(614)292-7802
-=-
Frank Fiamingo                          University Technology Services

(614)292-7802                                            Support Group

2. Problems loading Mandrake Linux

3. Unix System Administration Course

4. startx and tar problems

5. Low cost UNIX System Administration training courses in the UK

6. SCSI and >8.2G partitions

7. Unix Systems Administration university course ?

8. Linux Security Faq Sheet?

9. Unix System Administration Course On-line, Revised

10. Unix System Administration Positions Available

11. Dallas- SCO UNIX System Administration Position Available!

12. Job Available : Unix System Administration

13. FULLTIME UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION POSITION AVAILABLE