Okay ... I give ... you win.

Okay ... I give ... you win.

Post by Syed Zaeem Hosa » Wed, 14 Apr 1993 14:08:23



(Sorry for the cross-post, but I want to make sure that I get
everybody who may have been upset).

This is to apologize to anybody who feels that I have been too
commercial in my postings (even though I disagree.      :-) )

Having received three messages, and a post, to the effect that I am in
some way violating the non-commercial rule of the Internet and only
two to the effect that they wish me to continue in the same vein, I
have decided that I will not post any messages about any product that
my company may sell.

I will continue to participate in the newsgroups for other reasons and
topics.

Please note that I am also planning to sever my relationship with CAD
National as of the end of this month.
--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Syed Zaeem Hosain          P. O. Box 610097            (408) 441-7021 |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Okay ... I give ... you win.

Post by Syed Zaeem Hosa » Wed, 14 Apr 1993 14:47:51



Quote:

>(Sorry for the cross-post, but I want to make sure that I get
>everybody who may have been upset).

>This is to apologize to anybody who feels that I have been too
>commercial in my postings (even though I disagree.  :-) )

>Having received three messages, and a post, to the effect that I am in
>some way violating the non-commercial rule of the Internet and only
>two to the effect that they wish me to continue in the same vein, I
>have decided that I will not post any messages about any product that
>my company may sell.

>I will continue to participate in the newsgroups for other reasons and
>topics.

>Please note that I am also planning to sever my relationship with CAD
>National as of the end of this month.

Oops, forgot to finish this properly. Sorry.

Anyway, as of the end of this month, my consulting business will no
longer be associated with CAD National, and I will IN NO WAY benefit
from their sales. At that time, I will resume posting and responding to
technical questions on the Axil stuff - since people may as well
benefit from my knowledge of the machines.

                                        Thanks for your understanding.

                                                                Z

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Syed Zaeem Hosain          P. O. Box 610097            (408) 441-7021 |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Okay ... I give ... you win.

Post by Tim Eva » Thu, 15 Apr 1993 01:20:27



Quote:>This is to apologize to anybody who feels that I have been too
>commercial in my postings (even though I disagree.  :-) )

As the original complainer, it's interesting to note (since I have
received some private replies to the complaint) that "politically
correct" (i.e., pro-4.1.3, anti-Solaris) advertising is
apparently OK.  Maybe I can rent my vacation condo here, now?
We don't discriminate against either 4.1.x or Solaris
promoters and I have even read both flavors of manuals there.  :-)
--
Tim Evans                     |    E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.

(302) 695-9353/7395           |    P.O. Box 80357
EVANSTK AT A1 AT ESVAX        |    Wilmington, Delaware 19880-0357
 
 
 

Okay ... I give ... you win.

Post by Mike Wilso » Thu, 15 Apr 1993 03:31:57


Quote:>As the original complainer, it's interesting to note (since I have
>received some private replies to the complaint) that "politically
>correct" (i.e., pro-4.1.3, anti-Solaris) advertising is
>apparently OK.  Maybe I can rent my vacation condo here, now?
>We don't discriminate against either 4.1.x or Solaris

I don't think it's to commercial if I complain that I have a problem & someones
answer includes the fact that they sell the solution.  If we follow through
with your arguement, then everyone who works for a computer company cannot
post anything relating to their company's products???  Goodbye comp.sys.sgi.*
& comp.arch!

-mike

 
 
 

Okay ... I give ... you win.

Post by Casper H.S. D » Thu, 15 Apr 1993 04:18:12



Quote:>>As the original complainer, it's interesting to note (since I have
>>received some private replies to the complaint) that "politically
>>correct" (i.e., pro-4.1.3, anti-Solaris) advertising is
>>apparently OK.  Maybe I can rent my vacation condo here, now?
>>We don't discriminate against either 4.1.x or Solaris
>I don't think it's to commercial if I complain that I have a problem & someones
>answer includes the fact that they sell the solution.  If we follow through
>with your arguement, then everyone who works for a computer company cannot
>post anything relating to their company's products???  Goodbye comp.sys.sgi.*
>& comp.arch!

That's ok, to a certain limit. But I've now counted about 20 posts
in less then two weeks promoting Axil clones of teh Classic/LX running
4.1.3.

Support from a vendor's staff is good. They know best how things work.
The people over in comp.sys.sgi aren't selling SGIs, they are helping their
customers. People from Sun and otehr vendors do the same.
Telling people once that product X is teh soluation for a problem
is fine by me. But posting a commercial on the net every time someone
asks a question like ``4.1.3 on a LX possible?'', that's bending the
rules to a point where they break.

Casper

Casper

 
 
 

Okay ... I give ... you win.

Post by Oleg Kibir » Thu, 15 Apr 1993 15:27:29



   >>As the original complainer, it's interesting to note (since I have
   >>received some private replies to the complaint) that "politically
   >>correct" (i.e., pro-4.1.3, anti-Solaris) advertising is
   >>apparently OK.  Maybe I can rent my vacation condo here, now?
   >>We don't discriminate against either 4.1.x or Solaris

   >I don't think it's to commercial if I complain that I have a problem & someones
   >answer includes the fact that they sell the solution.  If we follow through
   >with your arguement, then everyone who works for a computer company cannot
   >post anything relating to their company's products???  Goodbye comp.sys.sgi.*
   >& comp.arch!

   That's ok, to a certain limit. But I've now counted about 20 posts
   in less then two weeks promoting Axil clones of teh Classic/LX running
   4.1.3.

   Support from a vendor's staff is good. They know best how things work.
   The people over in comp.sys.sgi aren't selling SGIs, they are helping their
   customers. People from Sun and otehr vendors do the same.
   Telling people once that product X is teh soluation for a problem
   is fine by me. But posting a commercial on the net every time someone
   asks a question like ``4.1.3 on a LX possible?'', that's bending the
   rules to a point where they break.

Would a person maintaining FAQ for this group make a list of SparcClassic clones
running SunOS 4.1.3. This way we can both cut down traffic and get a good reason
to flame advertisemets.

Oleg

 
 
 

1. Okay, Okay, Okay--NT and Linux

A while back I posted this question and the best response I got from a nice
gentleman in Europe, was a FAQ in German.  The problem is that I don't
spracken Deutsch!  So here it goes again:

Can anyone offer any solutions to having a Linux box dial into NT RAS for
network connectivity?

Any answers in English, Spanish, Pig Latin, and maybe even French ( after
drinking a few Coronas) would be great!

Thanks,
Nate El Great

2. Strange Group

3. Okay, I give up.

4. Linux FREEZES when using net

5. Okay, once and for all, can anyone give me any info.....

6. Documentation suggestion for PCi II User's Guide

7. AAAAAAHHHHH...I hate Linux...okay okay..."Can't open /dev/console???"

8. LOCAL: (Slovenian) Linux User Group Of Slovenia - APRIL 10th MEETING

9. How to config Linux to give Win 9X clients the Wins IP addr

10. WU-FTP won't give directory list

11. I give up - Microsoft you win.

12. LILO vanished on win/lin dual-boot, boot disk gives kernel panic

13. dbx won't give up the address!