serial port question

Post by y_542.. » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 06:33:29

Got a code that its output talks to serial port A.
How can i make it talk to Seril B as well/instead?.
what should i look for in the code and what to change
it to?.
Jim

--
Sent by  from  yahoo subdomain of com

serial port question

Post by Marc Rochkin » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:09:01

Quote:> Got a code that its output talks to serial port A.
> How can i make it talk to Seril B as well/instead?.
> what should i look for in the code and what to change
> it to?.
> Jim

Your question lacks a lot of information, but normally the serial ports are
accessed through special files in the /dev directory, so look for a path
name of the form "/dev/...". Then, play around with the man command to see
if you can bring up that man page for that driver. And/or list the /dev
directory to find other interesting devices that may be what you're looking
for.

--Marc

serial port question

Post by Greg Andre » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 03:36:48

>Got a code that its output talks to serial port A.
>How can i make it talk to Seril B as well/instead?.
>what should i look for in the code and what to change
>it to?.

Why did you post separately to comp.sys.sun.admin?  You probably
won't remember all the groups you posted to separately, so you
won't find all the responses to your question.

Are you opening the correct device file for the port?  I hope
you're opening /dev/cua/a and /dev/cua/b.

What error is your code getting when it tries to open the port?

  -Greg
--
Do NOT reply via e-mail.
Reply in the newsgroup.

1. nwebie serial port question

hi,
got a piece of code that its output talks to serial PORT A but not to
serial port B. why not?. how to make it?.
jim

--
Sent by   from yahoo included in com

2. Intel EtherExpress 16 and Mandrake 6

3. Palm pilot and serial port question

4. automated modem dialing tool

5. Serial port question - I really need help.

6. Using passwd for WIN NT user authentification?

7. ip_masq and serial port questions

8. gcc "segmentation fault"

9. Serial Port Question

10. Serial port question.

11. Serial Port Question (Log File)

12. serial port question.

13. Please help with serial port question