1. HELP: Connectivity between DOS/DOS and DOS/Linux
In about march we should be getting a second PC in our house. I was
concidering trying to network the two machines. One of the machines
is going to be a DOS/Windows affair while the other one is hoping
to become a DOS and Linux setup. I have a few questions that I hope
that someone out there can answer. (The kind of network I'm concid-
ering is peer-to-peer, I think)
1) Using Novell Netware light on the DOS/Windows machine, could it
connect to the Linux machine using standard networking stuff? Would
I be able to have netware on my DOS partition of my Linux/DOS machine
so that when I boot it up using DOS I'm still connected?
2) If I were using the Linux front end for DOOM, could I still play
a multiplayer game across the network? Or would I have to go back to
3) Just out of curiosity, could anyone give me info on cost. I've
got a home made estimate (made from various sources) of :
Cabling (roughly) :20
This is a rough estimate, if anyone can confirm or deny this value
please set me straight.
Answers would be much appersiated as it will influence my decision
as to weather to get the network and/or to get Linux.
TTFN and TC, Michael Dales
-'Damn you and your networking problems Q!'-Picard
2. Reading is much more interesting than TV (0354/1708)
3. changing mount points for a DOS partition
4. **** Help!! LILO Question!!! ****
5. wcd221bs.zip Change directory, DOS, Unix, w/C src, GNU
6. How to display font?
7. Changing Kernel - what am I doing wrong?
8. any ASAX user ?
9. ODT Printing (DOS/Windows) doslp (how to change)
10. Cable modem guy tells me DOS has a better ping than Linux; we need to change ?
11. Changing Linux partitions to DOS FAT partitions
12. Howto change files in Dos format to Linux format
13. Changing DOS permission