How can i setup the file editor under cmdtool

How can i setup the file editor under cmdtool

Post by scbr066 » Thu, 16 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I have installed Solaris 2.4 developpers package on my machine but can not use the cmdtool
file edit facility, I got message telling that Textsw package is missing. But i do not know
what is the real name of this package, and where i could obtain it ...

Post by Mike Wils » Fri, 17 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> I have installed Solaris 2.4 developpers package on my machine but can not use the cmdtool
> file edit facility, I got message telling that Textsw package is missing. But i do not know
> what is the real name of this package, and where i could obtain it ...

This error message is usually caused by the OPENWINHOME environment variable not being
defined. Normal value is /usr/openwin.
Maybe this is a FAQ? (wasn't there a similar question on the group recently?)

--
Mike

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. Malformed port 80

3. Wanted info on workstation "cluster" - how to share files?

4. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

5. Solaris 2.4 boot failure

6. CGI: apache canned response

7. Problem with UK keyboard mapping

8. For those of you tired of canned distributions...

9. Canned "ping"

10. Any Canned Class code?

11. PPPD or Tin Cans: Which is Better?

12. Programs to eliminate text editors from X setup?