Solaris Intel 8 2/02 & NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

Solaris Intel 8 2/02 & NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

Post by vin » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:02:53

HI 2 all. I have just installed Solaris 8 2/02 onto my Intel P4 but
can not
get the display working. Installation recognizes my graphics card like
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 M64 (32Mb).
Originally it is(inf. from WinXP)32Mb NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model
64 Pro.
I do not see any real difference between those models, but display can
not start.
Can anyone help me?
Any ideas?

Solaris Intel 8 2/02 & NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

Post by Vitaly Filato » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:54:56

Hi, Vini!

Solaris has very simple driver for Nvidia family. It works like SVGA
in PC. Driver uses no hardware acceleration capability. That because
if it works on your video hardware, do not disturbe yourself.

Also try to install the latest video patch: 109401-13 from 3/19/2002

Vitaly Filatov, Moscow, Russia
http://members.tripod.com/Vitaly_Filatov

> HI 2 all. I have just installed Solaris 8 2/02 onto my Intel P4 but
> can not
> get the display working. Installation recognizes my graphics card like
> NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 M64 (32Mb).
> Originally it is(inf. from WinXP)32Mb NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model
> 64 Pro.
> I do not see any real difference between those models, but display can
> not start.
> Can anyone help me?
> Any ideas?

Solaris Intel 8 2/02 & NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

Post by vin » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 00:36:43

Vitaly Filatov
Thank you for respond!
I tryed patch: 109401-13 from 3/19/2002, it did not halp me.

When I am running kdmconfig, I have "black" screen, after that "grey"
screen with pointer in the center, after that "black" screen again. It
repeats few times and I am getting massage on console about can not
configure...

While installation, if I choose F2 (save) on kdmconfig, I am getting
only "black" screen. After that I have to reboot computer.

1. Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64/64 Pro

Hello All,

I'm running an AMD Duron 850mhz machine, a Jetway Motherboard with an NVIDIA
Riva TNT2 Model 64 video card adapter.  My screen is a Viewsonic 17GA.  I've
installed Mandrake Linux 8.1, but the display is awful.  'Redrawing' windows
causes lots of ugly horizontal lines across the screen, and on my first
login, it was impossible to read much of the information (in what I guessed
to be a start-up wizard of some sort).  I've since discovered that this
model of Video Card isn't supported (it's "known", but not tested).

I'm also running windows 98 on another partition, but have similar
problems - the display is OK, but the computer locks up regularly, and the
tell tale sign it's about to happen is a small blurry line under the mouse
pointer, and blacked out icons in the panel.  I'm investigating ways to fix
this (assuming it is a video card issue), but am very keen to get Linux up
and running.

So my question is, even if I can fix the problem with windows crashing
(which I'm guessing is also related to the video card), is it worth my
while?  Has anyone got this card to work satisfactorily with linux?  And if
so, is it something a relative newbie could do?  I am fairly adept at
finding my way around computers (though most of my IT experience has been
database related, not OS admin) and I'm afraid my command of the command
line is weak.

Thanks in advance for your help,

David

2. gethostbyname and pointers

3. Would you believe...NT 5/IA-64 McKinley in 2001?...02?...64 bit NT in 03?

4. usb modem

5. which SPARC models have a 64-bit SBus?

6. cannot compile dhcpcd

7. Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM or ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach 64)?

8. How to run AIX XTERM apps from linux box

9. HALstation (64-bit processor running 64-bit Solaris) as webserver

10. FreeBSD 2.1.5 & Intel EtherExpress Pro 100 Model A and/or Matrox MGA Millenium

11. Support: K6-200, Ultra ATA, SB 64, Intel Pro

12. Problem adding DSO module to Apache 2.0.35 on 64 bit Solaris 8 2/02