TECRA 730 Installation

Post by Mobett » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello Everyone!!!

I have a Toshiba Tecra 730 and I have been trying to install Solaris 2.5.1
for weeks now. My problem is that I can't seem to get a video driver for
it. I have just downloaded the new Driver Update 10 for it. I also
installed the update, to no avail. It seems that there is always some kind
of error preventing the installation to go through perfectly!

Does anyone have any installation documents or suggestions that could help
me out??

The system is a Pentium 150 with 148 megs of Ram. It also has a 2.1 gig
hard drive.

Is there any command that will allow me to manually load the Toshiba driver
without actually loading the whole driver update diskettes??

Any info at all would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Maurice Becan.

1. Audio CD on Toshiba Tecra 730 XCDT ?

Has anyone been able to play audio CD's on a Tecra? I have Solaris 2.6,
and I don't see /dev/audio
or anything similar.
The built-in CD player does not have direct output, so I can't plug the
head phones directly
into the player.

Help!!!  I don't want to use Windoze :-)

-Jerzy

2. GNORPM/Web Find

3. Acer TravelMate 730 and middle mouse button

4. FTP and telnet hanging....after connection established..

5. Applications for a RS/6000 Model 730

6. NEWBIE: How do I increase console display from from 25 to 50 lines?

7. HP 730 DAT

8. CD-ROM used in setup not recognized any more.

9. VGA SIS 630/730 Package for Solaris 8

10. Toshiba 730/720 CDT (CT65550)

11. SIS 730 video and sound?

12. Linux-Misc Digest #730

13. Need SLIP/ppp for hpux9000/730