quota problems between solaris and solaris machines, and solaris and sunos4.1.3 machines.

quota problems between solaris and solaris machines, and solaris and sunos4.1.3 machines.

Post by Allan Bail » Sat, 30 Apr 1994 23:29:41

  Does anyone know how to get disk quotas working for NFS mounted
filesystems?

  'quota -v' shows the disk quotas, but it does not stop users
from exceeding their disk quota.

  Our setup is that we have a solaris (Sparc 1000) as our home
directory server.  Those filesystems are mounted on 2 user machines,
a 690 running SunOS 4.1.3, and a Sparccenter 2000 running Solaris 2.3.

  Quotas work on neither machine.

  Another item that may be important is that the NFS server is a
non-user machine.  i.e., no users are allowed to login (i.e.
/etc/passwd entries, but no /etc/shadow entries.  this is for
quotacheck and accounting.)

NFS server and SunOS4.1.3/Solaris2.3 NFS clients.

post or send email.  I'll summarise and post email responses.

--

"Liberty means responsibility.   <>
That is why most men dread it."  <>  I'd rather be a free man in my grave,