Settup up a Sun System Admin User Group in Ottawa

Settup up a Sun System Admin User Group in Ottawa

Post by DARKVADE » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

If you are interested in joining a Sun/Unix Systems Aministrators in the
Ottawa Area drop me a email.
thanks

Post by Rich Tee » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

> If you are interested in joining a Sun/Unix Systems Aministrators in the
> Ottawa Area drop me a email.
> thanks

With an email address like that?!  LOL!

--
Rich Teer

NT tries to do almost everything UNIX does, but fails.

If it ain't analogue, it ain't music.

Voice: +1 (250) 763 6205
WWW: www.rite-group.com

1. admin user can't admin non-admin groups

In the attributes for user profile "jean" I've specified "adminstrative
user=true" and "administrative group=staff".

In the "staff" group profile attributes I've specified "administrative
group=false" and "administrator list=jean".

The above were done as by "root".

When I then sign in as "jean" and look at the "staff" group attributes
(via SMIT) it shows "adminstrative group=true" and the "administrator
list=" parameter is blank.  If I try to make an addition, say, to
the "user list=" parameter and hit OK, SMIT dies and the change doesn't
get made.  Further, if I go into Application Manager as "jean" and try
to edit "staff" group I am told "you do not have access to edit this
dialoge."

Have I got a bug or am I doing something wrong in the way I set
up "jean" and "staff"?

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. The usenet and anonymous posting, how to express anger?

4. SUN NETWORK HARDWARE PROBLEM

6. mod_rewrite

8. EQL

13. Tutorials (12/7, San Jose) Unix System Adminstration (Sun User Group Conference)