Microsoft Natural Keyboard on a Sparc 5?

Microsoft Natural Keyboard on a Sparc 5?

Post by Barry A. Wars » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I recently got a Solaris x86 box that has a Microsoft Natural
(ergonomic) keyboard.  I've found that I like this keyboard a whole
lot better than the Type 5 keyboard on my SS5.  Does anybody know if a
Sparc 5 can be outfitted with a MNK?

Thanks.
-Barry

Post by Barry A. Wars » Thu, 04 Jan 1996 04:00:00

    Me> I recently got a Solaris x86 box that has a Microsoft Natural
    Me> (ergonomic) keyboard.  I've found that I like this keyboard a
    Me> whole lot better than the Type 5 keyboard on my SS5.  Does
    Me> anybody know if a Sparc 5 can be outfitted with a MNK?

The answer is... yes!  Sun makes a box called the Sun Interface
Converter that allows you to connect PS/2 input devices to your
SparcStation.  Various combinations are allowed, including what I
want: the MNK (which has a PS/2 din-plug) and the standard Sun optical
mouse.

List price is $75 (less than the keyboard :-), and the Sun part number
is X465A.

My thanks to the Sun employees who referred me to this device.  Mine's
on order now... :-)

1. Conflict with Microsoft intelligent Mouse and Microsoft Natural Keyboard

I have Microsoft Intelligent Mouse(PS/2) and Microsoft Natural
Keyboard(PS/2). There are two PS/2 port on my ASUS P3B Motherboard. However,
I found that the two hardwares would be conflicted with each other and this
could lock up my linux system.
Does anyone know if I cannot use the two hardwares with same
interface(PS/2). There is no problem when I use mouse with com port.

2. CSS support in Apache

3. Touch Typing (was Microsoft natural keyboard / Dvorak keyboard users)

4. Linux and GUS

5. Microsoft Natural Keyboard problem

6. Mitron VLB Adapter

7. Microsoft Natural Keyboard in X

8. ld's -bbigtoc option

9. Microsoft natural Keyboard

10. USB Microsoft Natural Keyboard

11. Microsoft Natural keyboard, 43P-140, AIX 4.3.3

12. MicroSoft Natural Keyboard -- Driver?

13. Microsoft Natural Keyboard and right-CTRL