1. Failed to execute binary (UML); binary compatibility broken?
I've tried to run some specific executable in 2.5.67. This
executable worked fine with earlier 2.5.x and 2.4.x kernels,
but it refuses to run with 2.5.67. I thought that it's temporary
problem and waited to 2.5.68 in hope, that it will be fixed.
But it won't work with 2.5.68 either.
 I did not test it on every earlier kernel. It have
stopped working somewhere in 2.5.6x series.
This binary is old Linux version 2.4.18-19um as UML executable.
tracing thread pid = 793
On node 0 totalpages: 8192
zone(0): 0 pages.
zone(1): 8192 pages.
zone(2): 0 pages.
Kernel command line: eth0=tuntap,,,192.168.2.2 umid=balance mem=32M root=/dev/ubd0
Calibrating delay loop... 362.52 BogoMIPS
Memory: 32244k available
Dentry-cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
Inode-cache hash table entries: 2048 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
Mount-cache hash table entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Buffer-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Page-cache hash table entries: 8192 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
Checking for host processor cmov support...Yes
Checking for host processor xmm support...No
Checking that ptrace can change system call numbers...OK
Checking that host ptys support output SIGIO...Yes
POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
Initializing RT netlink socket
Kernel panic: outer trampoline didn't exit with SIGKILL
Details of my host system setup are here:
If I understand correctly, UML binary is ordinary executable.
So if it is unable to start, evidently something very important
UML's kernel config attached.
Please CC me.
Tomasz Torcz RIP is irrevelant. Spoofing is futile.
2. Rapid Prototyping Package on Linux ??
3. Linux Binary Compatibility
4. D-Link and Linux
5. Binary compatibility with SCO
6. Istalled new scsi card and tape drive how do i recognize it in linux???
7. Future of binary compatibility for unix?
8. Does Linux prove worthwhile as a SLIP server?
9. NFSD binary compatibility breakage
10. Urgent: Info on binary compatibility (ABI & BCS)
11. 4.8-R libc stdio backward binary compatibility
12. 4.0F - 4.0G binary compatibility
13. Solaris binary compatibility