1. Jumpstart solaris 10 b69 and solaris 10 b72 on an Ultra 30
I am trying to jumpstart a Sun Ultra 30 using Solaris 10 b69
(b72 gives the same results) from a Linux jumpstart server.
I have scripts for all this (soon to be release opensource!) but
..although I can get b55, beta5(b60) and b63 and b55 to work
b63 and b72 do not work!
since this is an Ultra 30 I went to
and ran Patch 105930-06 with no problems.
Even now it does not boot.
- bpgetfile shows all parameters can be retreived ok.
- nfs mounts all work
- pfinstall shows the profile is ok
- I've checked the rules file and it is fine.
- The /tftpboot directory is setup correctly with the right inetboot file.
boot net - install
I can see the tftp transfer clock up ok to 38600
The linux server shows the correct mount of the root= directory.
Normally the kernel banner should appear next but instead I get
loads of messages
not found: vmem_create
not found: vmem_alloc
not found: cv_signal
not found: wake_sched_sec
not found: physmax
not found: putreg
not found: fp_precise
not found: ddi_prop_lookup_init_array
not found: sema_v
not found: traceregs
not found: psignal
not found: strcmp
not found: fop_putpage
not found: strcmp
not found: global_zone
not found: fastscan
etc.. and eventually
krtld:error during initial load/link phase
panic - boot:exitto64 returned from client program
and I'm back at the ok prompt
1. From the book "Solaris Internals: Core Kernel Architecture" using
/usr/ccs/bin/dump -Lv /platform/sun4u/kernel/sparcv9/unix
mentions the line NEEDED..dtracestubs
but I cannot find dtracestubs under that /platform directory.
Is this a problem?
2. nm on things seems to indicate the missing symbols are in genunix
but I'm not sure how to debug what is going on??
3. eeprom | grep boot-file give
boot-file: data not available so I assume a 64-bit boot should occur.
On the net I've seen add set moddebug to /etc/system but the
Solaris Internals boot indicates that /etc/system is read AFTER
krtld does an inital link.
I'm totally stumped why this will not work...Any ideas?
2. Two sound cards
3. "Port mapper on server 10.10.254.75 is not responding"
4. BUS Mouse Woes --Need Help
5. keyboard and mouse not working during Solaris 10 install on Ultra10.
6. OGLE LINUX DVD PLAYER RULEZ!!!!!!
7. Ultra-10 / SUN Pengiun / Solaris 10
8. Upgrade SPARC-2 --> SPARC-10
9. Sleepy Ultra 10/Solaris 10 box
10. Installing Solaris 10 on Ultra 10
11. Ultra 10 running Solaris 10 panics -- hardware or kernel issue?
12. Installing Solaris 10 on Ultra 10
13. Solaris 10 EA on Ultra 10