PCI card in an E3000?

Post by Ed Fitzpatri » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 00:46:54

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me if a PCI differential card (used to connect
an A1000) will work in an E3000, which I believe is sBus based?  We'd
like to move our A1000 to the E3000 and possibly save some money by
not having to buy another card.

Thanks.
Ed

PCI card in an E3000?

Post by Joe Blogg » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 01:02:20

Quote:> Hello,

> Can anyone please tell me if a PCI differential card (used to connect
> an A1000) will work in an E3000, which I believe is sBus based?  We'd
> like to move our A1000 to the E3000 and possibly save some money by
> not having to buy another card.

You're gonna have to buy another card.  E3000=Sbus only.

PCI card in an E3000?

Post by Raf LaPiet » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 06:00:08

>> Hello,

>> Can anyone please tell me if a PCI differential card (used to connect
>> an A1000) will work in an E3000, which I believe is sBus based?  We'd
>> like to move our A1000 to the E3000 and possibly save some money by
>> not having to buy another card.

>You're gonna have to buy another card.  E3000=Sbus only.

Actually, that is not true. Sun does sell a PCI I/O Board for Exx00 servers.

See http://sunsolve.Sun.COM/handbook_pub/Devices/I_O/IO_PCI_IO_Board.html

Of course you would need to have one of them to use a PCI card.

-Raf

PCI card in an E3000?

Post by Akop Pogosia » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 06:17:49

>>> Hello,

>>> Can anyone please tell me if a PCI differential card (used to connect
>>> an A1000) will work in an E3000, which I believe is sBus based?  We'd
>>> like to move our A1000 to the E3000 and possibly save some money by
>>> not having to buy another card.

>>You're gonna have to buy another card.  E3000=Sbus only.

> Actually, that is not true. Sun does sell a PCI I/O Board for Exx00 servers.
> See http://sunsolve.Sun.COM/handbook_pub/Devices/I_O/IO_PCI_IO_Board.html
> Of course you would need to have one of them to use a PCI card.

According to the E3000 HW answerbook, you can use only sbus and
graphics I/O boards on it. Of course, even if it supported a PCI
board, buying it would probably cost more than the UWD sbus card.

-akop

1. PCI ethernet card shares irq with PCI scsi card

Hallo,

I've got a problem getting my network up and running.
When I want to put my eth0 up (compex PCI card using ne2k-pci) I got a
siocsifflafs:try again error. I found out that it had something to do with
irq's. A cat /proc/interrupts shows me that the PCI NCR810 scsi card was on
that IRQ. In windows everything works fine, so I figured linux could do it
to.
I did some research and found that the scsi driver needed some modifications
(something with SA_INTTERUPTS that need to be remnoved). I tried it, but it
failed (compilor errors). Can someone help me out on this on?

changing irq's isn't possble, since I dont have that option in my BIOS and
besides, I dont have any other free IRQ left...    Please help!

Vincent

2. Thanks and question on bootstrapping

3. PCI Riser card for Multia and S3 PCI card

4. XKeysymDB problems...or?

5. how to get unixware v7 recognize pci modem and pci sound card??

6. monitor tearing

7. Patch(2.4.6):serial unmaintained (bugfix pci timedia/sunix/exsys pci cards)

8. DOOM and Linux

9. Regular PCI to Compact PCI riser card?

10. Does a 4422 pci cards really need a 66 Mhz PCI bus ?

11. PCI SIIG scsi PCI card

12. Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI controller; AMD 79C970 PCI ethernet card

13. Problem with 2.4.20 + TI1410 PCI-PCMCIA card + Dual XEON HT PCI-X