Help - sending list through mailx to bcc: field

Help - sending list through mailx to bcc: field

Post by Paul L. Mos » Fri, 06 Jan 1995 02:32:03

 Hi,

 I've got a quick question about how to alter a shell script so that
 mail is sent to a list of people using the Bcc field rather than the
 To: field.

 Right now the command reads:

       (mailx -s "$digest_name, #$volnum" $to < $digest

 where to is assigned the value of the mailing list alias.  (Ie, subscribers)

 Could I change the script in the following way and have it work?

       bcc= mailing_list_subs
       (mailx -s "$digest_name, #$volnum" $bcc < $digest

 or do I need to do it some other way?

Thanks,

Paul

1. Help - sending with mailx to bcc field instead of to: field

 To: field.

 Right now the command reads:

       (mailx -s "$digest_name, #$volnum" $to < $digest

 where to is assigned the value of the mailing list alias.  (Ie, subscribers)

 Could I change the script in the following way and have it work?

       bcc= mailing_list_subs
       (mailx -s "$digest_name, #$volnum" $bcc < $digest

 or do I need to do it some other way?

Thanks,

Paul

2. Radeon VE dual-head support

3. Help - using mailx to send to Bcc: field?

4. Bernoulli Drive and other SCSI stuff

5. Sending Attachments thru mailx command

6. Raid (mkraid) problems, and patching problems

7. Kmail filter against BCC field? and other...

8. VIA KT133 686B Chipset

9. Setting Reply-To Field in mailx Script ...

10. Q: Why mailx appends DNS domain to hostname in From: field?

11. Choosing port number and sending data thru it[help]

12. help sending crtl-alt-del thru minicom

13. Sending mass email using mailx