Anything similar to hc_svc

Post by Paul Ch » Sat, 04 Jan 1997 04:00:00

In SunOs 4.1.x, we have hc_svc. Can anyone please tell me if there is
such a similar thing in Solaris 2.x?

Regards.
Paul

1. KSH "esc=", anything similar?

Is there a simple way I can re-create the output KSH gives in "command recall"
mode, ESC and then pressing the "=" key?  Example:

$ ^[=

(where ^[ is the escape key)

outputs;

1) test0
2) test1
3) test2
4) test3
5) test4
6) test5

The files test[0-5] are the files in the current directory.

I would like to be able to use that format for a shell driven menu system I'm
developing for some users.

-Steve
--

_ ___ __   |""""|   __ ___ ___ _______________________________ ___ ___ ___ _

_|___|-oOo-+----+-oOo-|___|__\ _______________________________ /__|___|___|_

2. printing to jetdirect printers from x86

3. DOSKEY? (or anything similar)???

4. Creative TNT Ultra 2 and Caldera Open Linux

5. anything similar to powerpoint

6. Mail server of Redhat 7.1

7. Anything similar to .bat files in LinuxPPC

8. How does apace/mod_status compute CPU load

9. Anything similar to NETSTAT available?

10. Anything similar to Solaris snoop for AIX

11. Dbase, Rbase...Anything similar?

12. Spyglass Plot, anything similar?

13. popen() -- anything similar for fifos?