What's the command to copy all shell input to a file?

What's the command to copy all shell input to a file?

Post by Peter Arnol » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

G'day,
What's that command to copy all the text that appears in a shell to a
file. I would like to record input and responses to commands I type in
at the command prompt.

TIA
--
Peter Arnold
+---------------------------+-----------------+

| Brisbane, Qld, Australia  | To moo bovine.  |
+---------------------------+-----------------+

What's the command to copy all shell input to a file?

Post by John Hal » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

script?
--
John Hall
Burnley UK

Post by Sheldon T. Ha » Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>G'day,
>What's that command to copy all the text that appears in a shell to a
>file. I would like to record input and responses to commands I type in
>at the command prompt.

The script command seems to do that ... man script for dtails.

-Shel

--
 Sheldon T. Hall

 This message sold by weight, not by volume;
 Content may have settled during shipment.

1. C shell command to use 'file' command to automatically scale a file

I'd like to use the 'file' command output and awk to use the x and y
pixel length values returned by the 'file' command when given the name
of a Sun raster file on my SPARCstation II and pipe the output line through
awk to remove all but the x and y pixel length values. I'd then like to
scale the original raster file according to these x and y pixel length values
so that they fit on a 600 (x pixels) by 780 (y pixels) page getting the most
picture on the page that I can. I'll be using the size command of pbmplus
as an alias (i.e. size <original> x y)... any ideas???

2. The case of the missing ftp daemon

3. Does the 'cp' command verify the file copied correctly?

4. What Distro for the G4 Cube?

5. Need sed command to purge DOS-copied files of cntl-M's ..

6. Computer expecting 8 bits, ISP sending 7

7. How can i read the input file in C-shell ... like B-shell?

8. Dell Lattitude LM & X

9. Shell script - Copy files from Src to Dst from a sample test file

10. Copy files using filenames from text files with shell script or bash script

11. De-escaping the ';' in an 'rc' shell command ??

12. mmap'd file ends with '!', copy doesn't

13. Redirecting input to a file - echo the input to screen/file?