Sun IPC systems

Post by Dean Ke » Fri, 03 May 1996 04:00:00

Is anyone interested in buying an IPC w/ 16MB, 16" color monitor and
207MB HD for $500?  I know a company that is getting rid of their Sun
systems.

with the system admin. for the company.  They will also have some
IPXs available in the near future.

        Dean.

Sun IPC systems

Post by t.. » Tue, 07 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>  Is anyone interested in buying an IPC w/ 16MB, 16" color monitor and
>  207MB HD for $500?  I know a company that is getting rid of their Sun
>  systems.

Hay there - Why would anyone get rid of their old IPC computers?  They make a great backup computer and also function very well
for DNS servers and mail MX servers.

I have one and I like it....

Tom Jones

Sun IPC systems

Post by Mike Fris » Wed, 08 May 1996 04:00:00

>Hay there - Why would anyone get rid of their old IPC computers?  They make a
> great backup computer and also function very well
>for DNS servers and mail MX servers.

        Agreed.  My IPC is currently working as a news/email/web server on
my local LAN.  Works great!

Mike.

Northstar Technologies                 WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA                      Compuserve: 76620,2534

Sun IPC systems

Post by Eric Chandl » Thu, 09 May 1996 04:00:00

IPC systems are also good for paper weights.

Sun IPC systems

Post by Rachel Polansk » Sun, 12 May 1996 04:00:00

>>Hay there - Why would anyone get rid of their old IPC computers?  They make a
>> great backup computer and also function very well
>>for DNS servers and mail MX servers.

>        Agreed.  My IPC is currently working as a news/email/web server on
>my local LAN.  Works great!

>Mike.

Hi Mike,

I love my little IPC!
it seems to do everything I need it to, and more.
While not the fastest machine around, it definitely is a rock solid platform.
We like them so much, my SO is getting himself one now too!
- it comes on Monday...

I see so many home IPC owners in this group, I guess they make a much better
investment than a PC or a Mac for the same price.

Certainly we have decided that the next computer we buy will not be another
IBM clone, but definitely a Sun...

Besides, I get to boast at work that I run a SPARC at home ;)

Rachel
(Sun Lover)

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia

         "When the revolution comes, I will be shot by both sides"