NIS+

Post by Abdul Maji » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:47:27

Need some notes, tutorial on NIS+, short and easy understandable,

Regards

NIS+

Post by Robert Banniz » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 13:57:43

Good luck...NIS+ isn't "that" simple. Dive in head first and learn it.

Robert

Quote:> Need some notes, tutorial on NIS+, short and easy understandable,

> Regards

NIS+

Post by Danny Man » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 06:51:10

I suggested you take the NIS+ class from SUN

> Need some notes, tutorial on NIS+, short and easy understandable,

> Regards

NIS+

Post by Karl Raffelsiepe » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 05:17:36

All About Administering NIS+
by Rick Ramsey (2nd edition)
ISBN 0-13-309576-2

OR

Check out your Answer Book2 it is literally a duplicate of Rick's book

Short? easy?... Sorry not going to happen.

I've tried. Best advice I could give you is understand "well" the
concepts, and get a REAL good handle on NIS+ security. Stay away from
those tempting short-cuts and GUIs.

After 5yrs of daily support I'm still learning new tricks.

Quote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

regarding NIS+:

--

Cadabra Design Automation Inc., 1 Antares Drive, Nepean, ON K2E8C4
Tel: (613)226-7046, Fax: (613)226-5276

1. Would NIS+ master work with NIS+ & NIS Slave?????????

If anyone have try this combination please let me know if it work..

Here is my Question.  Again would it work if I have this combination:

One machine is NIS+ master server and the other is run NIS+ & NIS compatible mode as a slave for
NIS+ master server domain.

Any sugguestion will be appreciate

Thanks in advance

Yoom Nguyen

906-487-2355

2. memory leaks with netscape 4.73 for linux

3. NIS : auth problem with Linux nis server and SUN sparc nis client

4. sound patch

5. NIS+ : Can an HP be a NIS client to a Sun NIS+ server

6. Question about HA

7. NIS to NIS+: any how to papers

8. Order of -x and -c in /bin/sh

9. NIS+ Compatibility Mode (NIS Client - calendar problem)?

10. Help, NIS+ Server, NIS Client

11. Solaris NIS server and Linux NIS client : problems

12. NIS+ encryption? NIS+ expert needed

13. NIS: How to add a new user, without restarting NIS?