1. Solaris 2.4 lpsched does not call filter for jobs from OS/2 client
I have a computer with OS/2 3.0 Warp + TCP/IP package and SUN
SPARCstation (Solaris 2.4) as a print server. I wrote cool filter for
converting many kinds of data (text, binary and PS) to
printer-specific format (Canon BJC 4550). Binary mode is designed for
compatibility with MS Word for Windows. So I could print any doc from
PC as on local printer. All worked O.K., I was upgrading filter
step-by-step and stored all stages under version control system.
Recently I met the problem: data that had been sended from PC were not
printed. I solved that this is a bug in my filter and changed it to
old stable version. But nothing worked! Then I set "echo mark
filter was not called at all! In /var/lp/logs/requests I found next
typical record about failed jobs:
= bjc4550-992, uid 60003, gid 60003, size 66834, Tue Nov 25 14:29:11 EET 1997
O nofilebreak flist=' (null):66834 '
T (null)\n#####\n#####\t\t 22.214.171.124
It differs slightly from usual local-job record:
= bjc4550-221, uid 206, gid 1, size 400033, Mon Nov 24 17:55:49 EET 1997
I found no error messages in console or by mail, so I don't know what
is the problem. Additional info:
1) TCP/IP connection is OK.
2) Job itself spooled well to local /var/spool/lp/tmp/mariner/ and
until start of printing through filter it's displayed by lpstat as
3) When "foreign" job is starting to print, it disappears without any
4) All local jobs are printed well.
Many thanks for any reply or answer to newsgroup.
Vladimir L. Eliseev
Moscow State Technical University E-Mail: vlad nagroup.msk.ru
Central Geophysical Expedition Phone: (095)192-8135 office
2. NFS - mount: RPC: Timed out - how to increase timeout
3. Filters, Filters, where are you Filters...
4. help with mail
5. filter output of /dev/console ?
6. 8h for kernel to compile on 486dx4?
7. anyone have ditroff output filter for Epson printers?
8. P9000 server question (VIPER VLB)
9. Can you have an output filter on a remote printer?
10. How do I filter sar -d output for md devices only ?
11. Filtering Output Netscape Enterprise Server
12. Apache: read() compatible interface for output filter
13. foreign CGI-output filtering with different sites possible ?