SunOS 4.1.x Celeste's Modem Tutorial on the Web!

SunOS 4.1.x Celeste's Modem Tutorial on the Web!

Post by Celeste Stoke » Mon, 31 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I am delighted to announce that "Celeste's Tutorial on SunOS 4.1.3+ Modems
& Terminals" is finally released and available on the Web!

You can find it at http://www.stokely.com/stokely

Plain text versions are available via anonymous ftp from:
   ftp.batnet.com:/pub/wombats/stokely/ftp
      as your choice of
         (Unix compressed file) SunOS.4.1.x.modem.tutorial.unix.txt.Z
         (ZIPped file)          4xmodtxt.zip

I include some useful modem register settings for the USR Courier V.34
and Telebit WorldBlazer modems in this document. The settings are also
available on our Unix Serial Port Resources WWW page.

Thank you for your patience!

..Celeste Stokely, Unix System Administration Consultant, Stokely
Consulting

Voice Line:     415-967-6898 / FAX: 415-967-0160
USMAIL Address: Stokely Consulting/211 Thompson Square/Mountain View CA
94043
  Celeste's Tutorials on Solaris 2.x/SunOS 4.1.3+ Modems & Terminals
     are available via the Web at http://www.stokely.com/stokely
        or via ftp at ftp.batnet.com:/pub/wombats/stokely/ftp
    Check out the Web page for lots of Unix Serial Port Resources!

1. "Celeste's Tutorial" is now on the Web!

"Celeste's Tutorial on Solaris 2.x Modems & Terminals" is now available via
the Web at http://www.stokely.com/stokely, or via anonymous ftp at
ftp.batnet.com:/pub/wombats/stokely/ftp. Latest rev is 1.4, 6/18/95.

Check out the Web page for lots of Unix Serial Port Resources! There
are links to all my favorite modem vendors, PPP sources and papers,
even a link to the kermit sources. If your favorite Unix serial port
related site is missing from my list, send me info on it, and I'll be
happy to include it.

Through this distribution, you now have your choice of the Tutorial
in HTML format, Unix compress (*.Z) or PC ZIP format, via the Web
or ftp.

If you don't have WWW or ftp access, you can always get the latest
version by sending email to me and asking for it.

As always, the Tutorial is free and you can distribute it to anyone who
needs it, as long as you don't charge money for it without my written
permission, nor attempt to re-copyright it.

Thanks for your patience, while I built my Web page! (We're still trying
to get the bouncy cats, L.B. and Sparcy, to sit still for a photo for
the page. :-)

And yes, I'm working on a SunOS 4.x version of the Tutorial. It'll be
available on the WWW and via ftp when I ever get it finished.

..Celeste Stokely, Unix System Administration Consultant, Stokely Consulting

Voice Line:     415-967-6898 / FAX: 415-967-0160
USMAIL Address: Stokely Consulting/211 Thompson Square/Mountain View CA 94043

2. Thoughts on comp.os.linux keywords

3. Rev 1.3: Celeste's Tutorial on Modems and Terminals under Solaris 2.x

4. htpasswd on Solaris 2.5?

5. NEW Rev 1.3/Celeste's Tutorial on Solaris 2.x Modems & Terminals

6. fdisk can't read /dev/hda

7. New rev of "Celeste's Solaris 2.x Modem/Terminal Tutorial"

8. Avance Logic PCI Graphics Cards 1024x768 interlaced.

9. Celeste's Tutorial on Modems under Solaris 2.x

10. Celeste's Tutorial on Solaris 2.x Modems & Terminals

11. New rev of "Celeste's Solaris 2.x Modem/Terminal Tutorial"

12. Celeste's Tutorial on Solaris 2.x Modems & Terminals

13. new rev posted - Celeste's Solaris Modem/Terminal Tutorial