Serial port question - I really need help.

Serial port question - I really need help.

Post by John Kan » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I just grabbed a Sparc Classic running SunOS 5.5 and I am trying to connect
a PC via a serial port.
I am using a standard serial cable, with 9 pins on the PC side and 25 on the
Sun side.  Additionally, I put
a null modem adapter on the 25 pin end.

I have tried various settings using admintool.

I am using kermit as a terminal emulator on the PC, and I cannot get any
response from the sun at all.

How do I go about setting up the ttys for remote terminal login?

I realize this is probably a very elementary topic, but I am new to this and
any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

John Kane