x86 Solaris / NT co-existing

Post by newyorkd.. » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:44:52

Hi,

Can anyone advise me?. I currently have an NT workstation with one disk
with 4Gb free space. Can Solaris 2.8 ( Intel version ) co-exist with
other OS's. I tried running the Device Configuration Assistant floppy
shipped with 2.8 but it doesn't seem to detect the free disk space. I
don't want to overwrite the NT stuff and make a mess. Help!

Thanks,
NYD.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Advanced Print & File Server co-existing with NT Servers ?

Here is a posting from a friend who does not yet have access to the
newsgroups :-(

When configuring Advanced Print and File Server (on 3.2v5.0.2 Enterprise
with full Internet Faststart multi-user license),
your choices are:
1. Primary Server
2. Backup Server

This worked well until Headquarters mandated that all NT servers
follow standards for server names and domain names.
Additionally, there is only one domain per site.

The SCO system and the NT network are administered seperately.
When setting up APFS as a backup controller, only the NT folks
could administer accounts.  When APFS was set up as a primary
controller, it took over as the primary allowing only the SCO folks
to adminster all domain accounts.  It was stated that this is not
a unique situation, but in a "normal NT" (oxymoron) network you
work around this by setting up a system as a server that is neither
a PDC or the BDC.

I modified APFS by reverting to the former domain name.

Is there a way to add APFS to the existing domain?

Will this fix require me to re-enter users and shares?

We have researched this in the IT scripts (latest version), but there
is only like 5 entries under APFS  :-()

Thanks for your assistance.

--

| CCS Enterprises, Inc.   P.O. Drawer 1690     Easton MD  21601 |
|               http://www.ccs.com     Come Visit Us !!         |

2. xview equivalent for Solaris 2.x

3. Looking for a text viewer

4. NT co-exists with Windows 98???

5. xfig - bug report

6. mishaps with co-existing OSs (Linux and Dos Partitions)

7. Firewalling Question

8. Co-existing Linux & Win95

9. MFM and IDE co-existing under Linux?

10. cron and tar not co-existing