MAXINT64

Post by Susa » Fri, 23 May 2003 09:53:31

Does anyone know the value of MAXINT64?
Is it 2^64 ?

I am trying to figure out what the max value is for Shared Memory in
Solaris8,64-bit

Documentation list range as 0-MAXINT64

Thanks for the help.

MAXINT64

Post by Tony Walto » Fri, 23 May 2003 18:25:13

> Does anyone know the value of MAXINT64?
> Is it 2^64 ?

No, it's 2^63 - 1

MAXUINT64 (the maximum unsigned 64 bit integer) would be 2^64 - 1

Quote:

> I am trying to figure out what the max value is for Shared Memory in
> Solaris8,64-bit

> Documentation list range as 0-MAXINT64

Assuming the documentation you're referring to is the "Solaris Tunable
Parameters Reference Manual", the same documentation states that

Range

     Possible range allowed by system validation or the bounds of the
data type.

         *

           MAXINT -- A shorthand description for the maximum value of a
signed integer (2,147,483,647).
         *

           MAXUINT -- A shorthand description for the maximum value of
an unsigned integer (4,294,967,295).

This is at  http://tinyurl.com/cdp2

Oddly it doesn't mention what MAXINT64 is - this is 2^63 - 1, or
9223372036854775807

I'll see if I can get that fixed in the documentation!

news.groups.unix.solaris removed from xpost and fu set to comp.unix.solaris

--
Tony

1. MAXINT64

Does anyone know the value of MAXINT64?
Is it 2^64 ?

I am trying to figure out what the max value is for Shared Memory in
Solaris8,64-bit

Documentation list range as 0-MAXINT64

Thanks for the help.

2. Sizing a server ??