pilot-link with usb under Solaris

Post by Richie » Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:41:57

Hi there,

I am switching from a Palm Vx to a Tungsten T. I have been syncing my
Vx under Solaris using pilot-link / pilotmgr without any problems.
Since the Tungsten comes with an USB cradle, I was wondering if anyone
has gotten this combination to work under Solaris.

If not, I can always move the syncing over to my Linux box, but I'd
prefer to keep using Solaris.

Please Cc: me on follow-ups.

Thanks,

Richie

--
Yes, that *is* my E-mail address.

Post by John Do » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 06:11:54

> If not, I can always move the syncing over to my Linux box, but I'd
> prefer to keep using Solaris.

        No, it is not posible, unless Solaris has a way of talking to the USB
port directly, which pilot-link can interface with. That code will have to
be written into pilot-link (look at linuxusb.c pilot-link in the source
tree). Right now OSX takes a higher priority, and that doesn't seem too
likely either.

Post by Richie » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 16:32:05

>    No, it is not posible, unless Solaris has a way of talking to the USB
> port directly, which pilot-link can interface with. That code will have to
> be written into pilot-link (look at linuxusb.c pilot-link in the source
> tree). Right now OSX takes a higher priority, and that doesn't seem too
> likely either.

I guess I should have been more clear. There is a Solaris USB driver
for the Palm 505 at http://hovland.org/solaris/

My question is: has anyone tried this + pilot-link with a Palm
Tungsten T?

Thanks,

Richie

--
Yes, that *is* my E-mail address.

pilot-link with usb under Solaris

Post by unklevalte » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 21:43:13

Richie B. ha scritto:

Quote:> problems. Since the Tungsten comes with an USB cradle, I was
> wondering if anyone has gotten this combination to work under
> Solaris.
> If not, I can always move the syncing over to my Linux box, but I'd
> prefer to keep using Solaris.

if your sync software can use the net option, like jpilot, you connect
the TT thru Linux box with a normal IP address (my jpilot run on
apollo 715/50 debian parisc)

--
unklevalter
Slackware Linux & FreeBSD Inside

Post by Jack Strang » Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:50:33

> I am switching from a Palm Vx to a Tungsten T. I have been syncing my
> Vx under Solaris using pilot-link / pilotmgr without any problems.
> Since the Tungsten comes with an USB cradle, I was wondering if anyone
> has gotten this combination to work under Solaris.

> If not, I can always move the syncing over to my Linux box, but I'd
> prefer to keep using Solaris.

You can use a serial cable to do the syncing. Any of the M5xx series
serial cables with the "new universal" connector will do. I assume you
are using a SPARC system, in that case you may need an adaptor to
suit the older 25-pin serial ports. (Tho' the same applies to x86
on PC's). If you are using an older SPARC, don't forget that max.
serial rate is probably 38400 baud.

Jack
--
Vlad, Heisenberg & Thomas: The originators of FUD.

1. Pilot-link and USB

Hmmm trying to connect my pilot cradle via a uConnect USB to Serial
connector on a B/W G3 running YD Champ1.1.

Anyone out there successfully using a Pilot and pilot-link with a USB machine?

Is there a means of getting pilot-link to talk to USB?

Thanks!

-m

2. Problems compiling KDE2

3. Using pilot-addresses (part of pilot-link)

4. Creating a file system

5. Linking Pilot-link libs in gcc

6. anyone got zoo compiled on aix 4.3.3.?

7. Pilot-Link error when running ./configure

8. Q: how to make a bootable CD image (for 'mkhybrid' users) ??

9. How well does pilot-link work

10. pilot-link question

11. pilot-link error

12. trouble: pilot-link sync w/ plan

13. Linux pilot-link problem -- Unable to bind to port