Upgrading to Solaris 8.

Post by Birdm » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:10:11

Hi,

     I am trying to upgrade my E450 from Sol7 Sol8. When I boot from
the install CD I don't get the option to upgrade? Is there a way to
force the system to upgrade? I have plenty of free disk space, so I
don't think that is the problem.

Any ideas?

Upgrading to Solaris 8.

Post by Robert Banniz » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:42:47

Which CD are you booting from? Make sure you are booting off of Sol. 8
Installation CD and not Disk 1 of 2.

Robert

> Hi,

>      I am trying to upgrade my E450 from Sol7 Sol8. When I boot from
> the install CD I don't get the option to upgrade? Is there a way to
> force the system to upgrade? I have plenty of free disk space, so I
> don't think that is the problem.

> Any ideas?

Upgrading to Solaris 8.

Post by Martien Poel » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:01:00

Hi,

If you're running disksuite the drives will not be recognized as upgradeble,
the only thing you can do is to uninstall the mirror first, than the upgrade
possibility will be shown. It's too bad that a disksuite is not supported
properly by the install software.
How to remove the mirroring is in the documentation. I had the same problem
in the past and after unmirroring the upgrade was a piece of cake.

Martien.