Keymapping On Solaris

Post by Jo Desme » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I am working on Solaris with CDE on top of it. For reasons of
remote logging in on vax/vms I try to remap some keys. but
with remapping F5 to F19 and F8 to F20, I'v encountered some
problems: F18 and F20 seems to act as SunCopy and SunPaste wathever
I have tried to do, thats: using xmodmap, modifying the keysymtable
to make sure that Copy and Paste keys on Sun keyboard generates their
own code, without using F18 and F19, modifyin Dtterm.
So my insperation is dried up, what should I do next?

any help will be highly appreciated,
Jo Desmet

1. console keymap vs. X keymap

Hi *,

distro: RH6.2

i changed my keyboard layout by manually modifying
/usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz
and then reloading the keytable. The problem is that whenever i start
xwindows, the keyboard reverts to its old bad layout. Any ideas?

thanks,
   ken.

2. ifconfig: socket: Protocol not supported

3. Solaris Numpad Keymapping

4. VT100 terminal as console?

5. Keymaps don't work on Solaris 2.6

6. How to kill a son

7. Solaris Keymapping

8. Trap Ctrl-c

9. The keymap in Solaris 7

10. Keymap problem - not japanese

11. keymap problems after upgrading to Red Hat 4.1

12. wierd keymap problem

13. Keymaps for IBM PCs or RS6000