Modem Communication Software

Post by Olive Bugg » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi
Does anybody know if there is some alternative software package to
SoftComm which is a modem communication software package preferably
using zmodem
Thank You
Olive

Modem Communication Software

Post by Olive Bugg » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi
Does anybody know if there is some alternative software package to
SoftComm which is a modem communication software package preferably
using zmodem
Thank You
Olive

1. UNIX Modem Communications Software

:Does anyone know of some decent modem communications software for UNIX,
:particularly SunOS, Solaris, or AIX?  I'm looking for something full-
:featured, and easy-to-use (i.e. idiot-proof).

:Something with a GUI (Open Look or Motif) would be especially nice.  I've
:checked several magazines, and found nothing.  It's hard to believe that
:there isn't something like Procomm Plus out there for the UNIX environment.

:(or just Reply to this article).

:Thanks a bunch!

        I use the PD X11 program Seyon, which provides a decent X11
interface, scripting ability, etc.  However, you must provide the binaries
for communication yourself (e.g., sz, rz, xmodem) and configure Seyon to
use those binaries when the protocol is selected by the user (a simple task).
You can specify any terminal emulator you wish as the emulator to be
used by Seyon.  If you don't, it defaults to xterm.

        Hope this helps,

2. sftp-server issues

3. Modem communications software for Solaris 2.3

4. DVD-RAM - best practice?

5. Need encrypted communications communications software

6. Adaptec AHA 1542 setup for SCSI Tape drive

7. Announcement: Modem-1.0 -- A Distributed Communication Package for Modems

8. MS Frontpage security implications

9. Modem to modem communication

10. modem-0.4b - Distributed communication package for modems

11. Terminal server software? communications help needed..?

12. Wanted: GPL or PD software for ITU standard communications

13. LINUX Communications software ?