Lots of FREE UNIX and Solaris Scripts - And Website resources too !!!!!!!!!

Lots of FREE UNIX and Solaris Scripts - And Website resources too !!!!!!!!!

Post by Fran » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:09:40

hello,

http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

Without trying to advertise our site too much, i would like to inform you
that the Sandyx Systems Script Archive has been updated with a lot more
scripts and UNIX/Solaris links for you all to use and benefit from.

There is also a section of UNIX and Oracle book reviews for you all to see.

Please remember - we would love to recieve scripts and book reviews from you
all.

Please visit us at : http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

Many Thanks

James Welch
Sandyx Systems
0161 610 7701
http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk
Visit our popular script archive at : http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

Post by Tan Zheng D » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:18:04

> hello,

> http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

> Without trying to advertise our site too much, i would like to inform you
> that the Sandyx Systems Script Archive has been updated with a lot more
> scripts and UNIX/Solaris links for you all to use and benefit from.

> There is also a section of UNIX and Oracle book reviews for you all to see.

> Please remember - we would love to recieve scripts and book reviews from you
> all.

> Please visit us at : http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

> Many Thanks

> James Welch
> Sandyx Systems
> 0161 610 7701
> http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk
> Visit our popular script archive at : http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

Hi I'd appreciate it if you make your web pages more Solaris-Netscape
friendly.  I can hardly read a word.

--
tzd.

Post by Dennis Clark » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:32:01

> hello,

> http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

> Without trying to advertise our site too much, i would like to inform you
> that the Sandyx Systems Script Archive has been updated with a lot more
> scripts and UNIX/Solaris links for you all to use and benefit from.

> There is also a section of UNIX and Oracle book reviews for you all to see.

> Please remember - we would love to recieve scripts and book reviews from you
> all.

> Please visit us at : http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

> Many Thanks

> James Welch
> Sandyx Systems
> 0161 610 7701
> http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk
> Visit our popular script archive at : http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

Looks like a good start to a site.  Can you get rid of all that RED text please?

Dennis

Post by Joe Halpi » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:08:02

> > http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts
> Looks like a good start to a site.  Can you get rid of all that RED
> text please?

And lose the animation as well maybe? It's really annoying.

Joe

Post by Ben.Altma » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:21:49

> > > http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

> > Looks like a good start to a site.  Can you get rid of all that RED
> > text please?

> And lose the animation as well maybe? It's really annoying.

I liked it.  Guess you can't please everyone...
regards,
Ben

Post by Chris F.A. Johnso » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:22:13

> > Visit our popular script archive at : http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

> Looks like a good start to a site.  Can you get rid of all that RED
> text please?

And the illegibly small text.
(See http://cfaj.freeshell.org/webdesign/smalltext.html)

And new windows for everything.

And please add alt tags for images; in Lynx it looks like this:

   [comp.gif] Dusage Heiner Steven  [ website ] Show top 10 disk usage users

                                        **
   [comp.gif] Top Heiner Steven  [ website ] Show list of active
processes

                                       *****
   [comp.gif] Top 10 Heiner Steven  [ website ] Show top 10 directory
users

                                        ***
   [comp.gif] Whodo Heiner Steven  [ website ] Who is doing what

                                        **

    My code (if any) in this post is copyright 2002, Chris F.A. Johnson

Post by Noel R. Nihil » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:59:51

> > > http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

> > Looks like a good start to a site.  Can you get rid of all that RED
> > text please?

> And lose the animation as well maybe? It's really annoying.

> Joe

And it looks like it insists on using its own fonts,
which drives me up the wall :-)

Aside from that and the red text and animation, good stuff.

_________________________
Noel R. Nihill
Unix Platform Development
Motorola NSS.
_________________________

Post by Noel R. Nihil » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 05:02:54

> > > Looks like a good start to a site.  Can you get rid of all that RED
> > > text please?

> > And lose the animation as well maybe? It's really annoying.

> > Joe

> And it looks like it insists on using its own fonts,
> which drives me up the wall :-)

Whoops - strike that. IE has fork()ed up on me again.

Sorry!

Good stuff.

_________________________
Noel R. Nihill
Unix Platform Development
Motorola NSS.
 _________________________

Post by Joe Halpi » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 05:18:39

> > > Looks like a good start to a site.  Can you get rid of all that RED
> > > text please?

> > And lose the animation as well maybe? It's really annoying.

> I liked it.  Guess you can't please everyone...

Actually, I could live with it if it was regular GIF animation that I
can turn off (one of the things I like most about Mozilla). The
Shockwave stuff is a bit much in my opinion. I prefer to read what's
on the page without being distracted by things jumping around on the
screen. I realize that advertisers don't want you to read what's on
the screen, so they deliberatly try to draw your attention to their
stuff, but if I'm already at the guy's site ...

Guess I'm just an old-fashioned text based kind of guy :-)

Joe

Lots of FREE UNIX and Solaris Scripts - And Website resources too !!!!!!!!!

Post by Jim Agne » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 06:03:20

not too bad... i like it...

jim

Post by Rich Tee » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 07:51:50

> Looks like a good start to a site.  Can you get rid of all that RED text please?

And use a bigger font.  It's pretty much totally unreadable
on Netscape for Solaris.  Better yet: don't specifiy any fonts
at all, and let ME decide which font I want to view it in...

--
Rich Teer

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

Lots of FREE UNIX and Solaris Scripts - And Website resources too !!!!!!!!!

Post by Dave Granti » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:18:28

On 10 Jan 2002 14:18:39 -0600, Joe Halpin

> [...]

Pretty Please?

Quote:

> > > And lose the animation as well maybe? It's really annoying.

Lose the animation.  Adds nothing and is distracting. Just leave it at
the top of the page where you can make a splash with it.
http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk

Quote:

> > I liked it.  Guess you can't please everyone...

I liked it for the first iteration.  Then...

Quote:

> Actually, I could live with it if it was regular GIF animation that I
> can turn off (one of the things I like most about Mozilla). The
> Shockwave stuff is a bit much in my opinion. I prefer to read what's
> on the page without being distracted by things jumping around on the
> screen. I realize that advertisers don't want you to read what's on
> the screen, so they deliberatly try to draw your attention to their
> stuff, but if I'm already at the guy's site ...

On my version of shockwave, you can right click and uncheck the play
option, so you can shut it off. Most of the links open in new windows,
so you won't have to shut if off again everytime after going somewhere
and coming back.

Quote:> Guess I'm just an old-fashioned text based kind of guy :-)

Good for you.

Also, please think about those who use browsers BESIDES IE on NT!
There's nothing I hate more than going to a site which will only work
with IE because someone HAD to have that fancy little bit of NS
incompatible javascript.  (I know that's not the case here, btw...just
had to get that off my chest.  ;-)  )

Otherwise a good start and a noble effort.
Dave

+-----------------------+-----------------+-----------+

+-----------------------+-----------------+-----------+

Lots of FREE UNIX and Solaris Scripts - And Website resources too !!!!!!!!!

Post by Stefaan A Eeckel » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:15:12

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:51:50 GMT

> > Looks like a good start to a site.  Can you get rid of all that RED text please?

> And use a bigger font.  It's pretty much totally unreadable
> on Netscape for Solaris.  Better yet: don't specifiy any fonts
> at all, and let ME decide which font I want to view it in...

That's easy: Edit|Preferences|Appearance|Fonts, check
"Use my default fonts, overriding document specified fonts"
To get less ridicully small characters, add the following
to your .Xresources:
Netscape*documentFonts.sizeIncrement:  7

--
Stefaan (GPG Fingerprint 25D8 551B 4C0F BF73 3283 21F1 5978 D158 7539 76E4)
--

  application_pgp-signature_part
< 1K Download

Post by Tony Lawrenc » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:15:28

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:51:50 GMT

>>>Looks like a good start to a site.  Can you get rid of all that RED text please?

>>And use a bigger font.  It's pretty much totally unreadable
>>on Netscape for Solaris.  Better yet: don't specifiy any fonts
>>at all, and let ME decide which font I want to view it in...

> That's easy: Edit|Preferences|Appearance|Fonts, check
> "Use my default fonts, overriding document specified fonts"
> To get less ridicully small characters, add the following
> to your .Xresources:
> Netscape*documentFonts.sizeIncrement:  7

Yeah, but then on other pages you don't want that.

I like Mozilla's Text Zoom feature- blow it up, down, whatever.

--
Tony Lawrence
SCO/Linux Support Tips, How-To's, Tests and more: http://pcunix.com

Post by Rich Tee » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:19:32

> That's easy: Edit|Preferences|Appearance|Fonts, check
> "Use my default fonts, overriding document specified fonts"

That's the setting I DO have...

Quote:> To get less ridicully small characters, add the following
> to your .Xresources:
> Netscape*documentFonts.sizeIncrement:  7

Nice idea; I'll give it a try.

--
Rich Teer

President,