latest version of AMD for solaris

Post by Doug Hughes - I » Fri, 18 Mar 1994 07:02:25

Where is kept the latest (patched) version of amd for solaris?
I remember a version was on dorm.rutgers.edu, and opcom.sun.ca
but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Doug Hughes
System/Net Admin - Martin Marietta Aerospace, Valley Forge, PA

latest version of AMD for solaris

Post by Michael Griffi » Fri, 18 Mar 1994 09:28:25

Quote:

>Where is kept the latest (patched) version of amd for solaris?
>I remember a version was on dorm.rutgers.edu, and opcom.sun.ca
>but I can't seem to find it anymore.

ftp.cs.columbia.edu:/pub/amd

--
                                                Michael A. Griffith

Post by Richard Lew » Fri, 18 Mar 1994 13:42:59

: Where is kept the latest (patched) version of amd for solaris?
: I remember a version was on dorm.rutgers.edu, and opcom.sun.ca
: but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Try: cs.columbia.edu:/pub/amd

This is the "home" for amd. The most recent version I know of is
patch level 75

--
For a good prime, call:  391581 * 2^216193 - 1

Richard Lewis
Lehman Brothers Japan Inc.
Ark Mori Bldg, 36th Floor
1-12-32 Akasaka
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107, JAPAN

phone: 81-(3)-5571-7639

Post by David P. Ke » Sat, 19 Mar 1994 10:59:04

>>Where is kept the latest (patched) version of amd for solaris?

>ftp.cs.columbia.edu:/pub/amd

That brings up the question: Why do you want AMD for Solaris?  I have
had absolutely zero problems with Sun's kernel-based automount (no
more stinkin' /tmp_mnt!).  It is so effective and unobtrusive you
hardly know it's there.  What advantages are there to using AMD?
Have others had any problems with automount?

"If it doesn't have an analogy, it isn't Usenet (tm)"

latest version of AMD for solaris

Post by George Ro » Sat, 19 Mar 1994 22:39:06

Quote:> What advantages are there to using AMD?

It runs on other architectures.  It speaks Hesiod.  We have the source.
Etc...
--
George D M Ross, Department of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh
     Kings Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JZ

1. Q: How do I get from the latest stable kernel version to the latest prepatch version ?

Thanks.
It just struck me odd that the latest is 2.4.2 while the prepatches were
2.4.3 so I figured there must be something I missed in between (my logic
told me that a 2.4.3 patch would be against a 2.4.3 something ;-).

BTW, I haven't seen any announcements from Linus in this mailing list
regarding new versions, just the updates on the web site and Alan's release
notes saying he's merging with 2.4.3xx. Are those announcements being posted
somewhere else now ?

2. Can't find ljet4 driver

3. which xntp (solaris version or the latest version) should be used

4. Apache =! resolv.conf, HOSTNAME

5. intel e1000 driver, why is the latest version 6.2.15 not in the latest kernel?

6. change localhost name

7. Need Latest Version of Linux CD-ROM Version

8. Linux FAQ

9. buglet in xc version xc+rz (latest version)

10. Latest version of Solaris x86

11. Latest version of Oracle on Solaris (x86)

12. What are latest Solaris 1.x, Motif versions

13. Latest version of c-news ported to Solaris 2.3