Strange ksh behaviour...

Post by S├ębastie » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Something weird happens...
See, I'm vi-ing my .profile file and adding an alias, say "alias
ex='exit' ".
I'm re-executing through "./.profile".
And when I type ex, I get the message 'alias not found'.
By reading my alias list ("alias" command), I see that effectively my
alias doesn t exist.
If I close my session then re-enter, it is executed and I finally get my
alias. But I'm sure I don't have to exit and enter.
What shall I do ???

Strange ksh behaviour...

Try . ./.profile (dot space...)