Help: How many automount/mount process need to mount same disk.?

Help: How many automount/mount process need to mount same disk.?

Post by Bambang Sugiantor » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi alls,

Can somebody explain this:

In case of auto_home (automounter)

        user1           server1:/export/home/user1
        user2           server1:/export/home/user2
        ..
        usern           server1:/export/home/usern

where /export/home/user1 ... usern is on the same disk

If all the user (user1 till usern) login from other server,
I see from df, there are n new mount point ie /home/user1 till
/home/usern mount point.

Does it mean there will be n mount point (or process to mount) for
the same destination? Will it be a problem or make the system slow?
Can I use this auto_home scheme?

How many mount process actualy for this same destination?
Compare with if I just mount the server1:/export/home to /home.

Thanks

Bambang Sugiantoro
PT Nusantara Compnet Integrator

I've just ploughed through the entirety of misc,hardware and setup, to no
avail;  I installed Linux from the sbpcd boot disk (as I have a Panasonic
CD-ROM drive hanging off a SoundBlaster-compat. card), and the CD-ROM drive
chugged away happily to give me the OS.  However, my concerns about the size of
everything I was prompted to install made me decide NOT to install the linux
source.

Now, when I boot up the CD drive cannot be mounted because of 'wrong fs, blah
blah, or other error'.  I interrogated sbpcd.h (I *did* install the includes)
and the setup was incorrect.  Because I can't mount the CD drive I can't get
the source off the CD - re-booting off the boot disk (sbpcd) and trying a
reinstall  from the CD using setup gives a warning that the CD drive can't be
mounted.

Should I delete the linux partition and start from scratch again?  I do really
need to access the CD drive, and I realise now that it is kind of useful to
have the OS source.

Apart from that, it's great having a proper OS on my PC at last!

John

2. console on serial line and lilo

3. Need help mounting disks

4. Sorry for the multiple postings...

5. need help mounting root on SyJet disk

6. SB-16 and Panasonic CD-ROM

7. Solaris x86; Need help trying to mount DOS SCSI disk/partition

8. X Server for MacPicasso 540 (Linux Mk/PPC)

9. mount error: mount only root can mount /dev/cdrom on cdrom

10. Need help to mount a NFS disk

11. NFS mount won't mount at boot, but mount -a works fine.

12. mount error: mount only root can mount /dev/cdrom on cdrom

13. Need help to mount a NFS disk