Printing from AUC-TeX and Gnu emacs using Solaris' SunSoft Print Client

Printing from AUC-TeX and Gnu emacs using Solaris' SunSoft Print Client

Post by Stephen Ch » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Is anyone using AUC-TeX with Gnu emacs on a Sun running Solaris
with the SunSoft Print Client for printing?  We have a problem
with printing from AUC-TeX in this environment.  The print job
will spool in the directory /var/spool/print but the printer daemon
dies before the file are forward to the printer.  The print job
remains stuck in the print queue.  AUC-TeX uses the emacs' start_process
routine to submit the print job.

If anyone has a fix or suggestions please send email.

Thanks in advance

Stephen

1. Gnu Emacs can't find file auc-tex

I am not sure that this is the correct news group in which to ask this
question but I have been able to find nothing on point in the EMACS help
group and the problem seems to relate more to something that is missing
in the Slackware distribution of Linux than to a bug in GNU EMACS.

The problem is that when I attempt to enter the TEX (or LATEX) major mode
in GNU EMACS I get the following error message at the bottom of the screen:

File mode specification error: (File-error "Cannot open load file" "auc-tex")

and using the find command I am quite certain that there is, indeed, no
file named auc-tex anywhere on my system.  On the other hand, my
explorations of the GNU EMACS help group have indicated that there is
a file named auc-tex that apparently is used in the various TEX modes.
(I do have EMACS lisp files for tex, however.)  I loaded in EMACS using the
setup program that comes with Slackware 1.20 and the version that I have
is apparently GNU EMACS 19.22.1.

So my question is, where can I find auc-tex? or am I supposed to generate
it somehow? or do I need a patch or another version of EMACS?

In the meantime I guess that I can use EMACS in TEXT mode and still prepare
LATEX files, but, since one of my major goals in getting Linux was to be
able to use EMACS to create LATEX and TEX (and SGML) files, I would be most
grateful for any assistance.  (And if anyone can tell me anything about
editors or parsers for SGML I would be grateful for that information as
well.

--
Peter D. Junger -- Case Western Reserve Univ. Law School

2. Proper Procedure for compiling apache

3. AUC-TeX Emacs package added to SLS TeX files

4. Login/PPP Server w/Boca 8-Port Causing Frustration

5. dvips, logout, compaq, auc-tex

6. Best way to transfer 3 Terabytes of data between systems.

7. SunSoft Print Client/LPLite and diskless clients

8. konqueror + Novell NetWare ftp directory

9. print client can't print to 2.6 printer server

10. Printing TeX files using dvilj 2.5 on Solaris 2.5.1

11. SunSoft Print Client and HP JetAdmin

12. Where to get SunSoft Print Client.

13. Sunsoft PRINT client - even