Running X app after X starts before dt runs

Running X app after X starts before dt runs

Post by Sanjaya Wileratne web maste » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:17:48

Can any one help me with this Solaris question ?

I want to run an extra authentication program after the user has been
authenticated. I don't know whether to run this. I cannot run it in
/usr/dt/config/Xstartup because this auth module

Can someone give a solution to this?

Thanks
Sanjaya

1. How do I start FVWM with windows and apps running?

Thanks so much for help with this, I tried to RTFM and became gravely
confused.

I have X-windows running and I use FVWM on Red Hat 5.2.

Everytime I restart my computer (for Y2K hardware tests, powerfailure,
etc) I have to go this clumsy manual procedure of restarting all my
favorite windows and applications.

I would like to Open 6 windows in the 8 desktops that FVWM provides.

    What is the file to edit? I have tried putting "xterm..." in xinitrc
and I get everything piled up on one desk top.

    Could you show me how to open an xterm in Row 1 Window 2 and start
"tail -v /var/log/messages" for example? And then keep the window if I
control-C the tail program to watch something else?

2. "IC-Card" PCMCIA Ethernet Card??

3. aix 3.2 - see sed run, run sed run

4. New Linux Configuration Site

5. Running apps from within an app

6. 100BaseT goes away under 2.4?

7. Running one app and one app only

8. REDHAT FAILS TO DELIVER

9. X starts, apps start, but I don't see apps

10. CDE config should source /usr/local/etc/dt/ before /etc/dt/, how ?

11. Problems running app

12. newbie: differences b/w apps running on Sparc v.s. Intel

13. Screen too small to run apps