C run time libraries for Solaris 2.6

Post by Cecil D'Souz » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 02:51:05

Hi,

I am in need of the C runtime libraries for Solaris 2.6. I am not sure
if they come on the Solaris 2.6 CD which I have.

When I typed  cc - V, it get the message
/usr/ucb/cc  : language optional s/w package not installed.

How do I sort this problem out because the application I use needs the C
runtime library.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Cecil

Post by Rich Tee » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 05:45:00

> I am in need of the C runtime libraries for Solaris 2.6. I am not sure
> if they come on the Solaris 2.6 CD which I have.

The C runtime library comes on the CD.  If they didn't,
how would ANYthing work?

Quote:> When I typed  cc - V, it get the message
> /usr/ucb/cc  : language optional s/w package not installed.

You're missing the compiler, not the libraries.

        1. Remove /usr/ucb from your PATH.

        2. Install gcc, or Forte if you have $$$.

        3. Read the FAQ, available from www.sunhelp.org.

Quote:> How do I sort this problem out because the application I use needs the C
> runtime library.

It's already installed.  Even ls uses it!

--
Rich Teer

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 02:36:15

|I am in need of the C runtime libraries for Solaris 2.6. I am not sure
|if they come on the Solaris 2.6 CD which I have.

You already have them.  If you didn't, the system wouldn't boot.

|When I typed  cc - V, it get the message
|/usr/ucb/cc  : language optional s/w package not installed.

That's the C compiler, not the runtime libraries, and the Sun compiler
is not included in Solaris - you can either buy it, get a 30-day trial
license, or get another compiler, such as the free gcc.  For more
details, see the FAQ:
        http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html#q6.1

C run time libraries for Solaris 2.6

Post by Cecil D'Souz » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 06:41:56

Thanks Alan. I was looking at the Oracle manual and posted my message
wrongly.

> |I am in need of the C runtime libraries for Solaris 2.6. I am not sure
> |if they come on the Solaris 2.6 CD which I have.

> You already have them.  If you didn't, the system wouldn't boot.

> |When I typed  cc - V, it get the message
> |/usr/ucb/cc  : language optional s/w package not installed.

> That's the C compiler, not the runtime libraries, and the Sun compiler
> is not included in Solaris - you can either buy it, get a 30-day trial
> license, or get another compiler, such as the free gcc.  For more
> details, see the FAQ:
>         http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html#q6.1

> --

>   Working for, but definitely not speaking for, Sun Microsystems, Inc.

1. Can Solaris 2.6 be installed while Solaris 2.5.1 is running?

I have an E3000 up and running on Solaris 2.5.1. I have a spare disk
that I want to install Solaris 2.6 ahead of time. The machine has to run
and reboot several times into Solaris 2.5.1 for another month.

Questions:

(1) Will the Solaris 2.6 CD allow me to install the OS on the spare disk
while I'm running in Solaris 2.5.1?

I know I can tell the installer not to auto-reboot. I know the installer
will change the boot disk variable in the PROM upon install completion.

(2) Can I adjust the boot disk variable in the PROM while in the Solaris
shell using the "eeprom" command? I don't want to reboot and go into OBP
just to do that. I want to set up 2 aliases, one for the 2.5.1 boot
disk, and one for the 2.6 boot disk.

(3) Right after the install, is it safe from a UNIX standpoint to mount
the new Solaris 2.6 system and optional filesystems and begin
configuring some files, like changing vfstab, while in Solaris 2.5.1?

I wish I have a test system to explore all this, but I don't at the
moment.

Thanks!

Brendan

2. unable to activate dma

3. running Solaris 7 binaries with Solaris 2.6

4. Packet generator with Configurable source address

5. C++ program compiled on Solaris 8 doesn't run on Solaris 2.6

6. Process hangs writing to line printer

7. looking for fortran run-time libraries for solaris

8. sendmail config

9. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

10. Upgrade from Solaris 2.6 with Volume Manager 2.6 to Solaris 8 with Volume Manager 3.2

11. Need help with 'time' C Run-Time Library functions under HP-UX

12. Problem creating shared library under Solaris 2.6

13. Problem Making Shared Object Library for Xpm on Solaris 2.6: