1. route insists on using dns, ifconfig on modifying the routing table... please help me!
Sorry for the cross-posting -- but I really need you help!
nsswitch reads to translate hostnames just by "files". host.conf too....
"route add -host anyhost dev anydev"
wants to talk to the name server..... I straced it... and it really
queries bind for anyhost and nothing more..... although libnss_files
gets loaded, afterwards libns_dns gets loaded.
"ping anyhost" does NOT behave like this... it just uses files as it
Does anyone know why route always uses dns!? Is this a bug perhaps, or a
bug in the resolver.... this behavior appears only with route of SuSE
Linux -gt 6.0.
btw: does anyone know why ifconfig modifies the routing table if you set up a new
device?! for instance
ifconfig ippp4 192.168.3.1 dstaddr 192.168.1.1
yields a route in the kernel to 192.168.1.0 dev ippp4. Isn't that strange!?
thank you in advance,
2. problems with binfmt module on kernel 2.4.3
3. Need help, please -> LINUX Routing Problems ????
4. software toggle from 8500 to 8200?
5. need help with eql and routing PLEASE!
6. Defining Macros in Linux
7. pppd working now need route help please
8. Internet Phone
9. still need printer help please please please
10. Please Guys, I really need your help / routing
11. I need help Routing two LANs please
12. Help still needed please, please, please...
13. HELP, Need help on Solaris 8, Please, Please