Can Solaris PPP use dynamic IP

Post by Stanley Lays » Sat, 15 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Can I use Solaris PPP to connect with my ISP which uses dynamic IP or do
I need to get a static IP address?

Can Solaris PPP use dynamic IP

Post by Anatoly M. Lisovs » Fri, 21 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>   Can I use Solaris PPP to connect with my ISP which uses dynamic IP or do
>   I need to get a static IP address?

I thought dynamic IP address means that your ISP can assign YOUR IP address
on port where you are connected now...
Because there are a lot of ports to connect with single phone #,
and you can connect to random port.

---
Anatoly M. Lisovsky, KAMAZ Inc., General Finance Directorate,  STAR division
----------- The Network is Not Computer. Per Aspera ad Aurora! -------------

1. Anyone using Mobile-IP combined with PPP and dynamic IP address ?

Has anyone tried to use Mobile-IP combined with PPP and dynamic IP
address ?
(maybe it's not possible at all)

I would like to integrate my Linux Workstation at home, connected via
PPP
and dynamic IP address to the internet, into the Linux network at work.
The network at work consists of a server with a register domaine name
and two
eth interfaces, one for the outside, and one for a local network.
IP-masquerade
is used to allow local workstations the internet access.  I would like
to see my workstation at home as one of these local workstations, if it
is
online.

I tried something with tunl0 interface (as described in NET-3-HOWTO),
but
i had no success.

Is there any way to do this ?

Thanks for any help!
Ulrich
--
o------------------------------------------------o
 Ulrich Leodolter

o------------------------------------------------o

2. Protocols using packet Fragmentation/Agregation?

3. ipfwadm used with PPP/dynamic IP addressing?

4. .cshrc files & configuring sound

5. Need help obtaining dynamic local IP Address using PPP

6. HTML Capable Mail Client??

7. IP Masq using dynamic ppp?

8. How to do limited broadcast with 255.255.255.255

9. ppp-2.3 using dynamic AND static IP address attribution

10. Auto PPP using PAP + Static+Dynamic IP's?

11. Solaris 2.4 x86 PPP and dynamic IP

12. HELP : Solaris 2.4 PPP, SecureID and dynamic IP address

13. Dynamic IP & Solaris/PPP