NcFTP for Solaris probs

Post by Suresh Rajagopal » Tue, 27 Sep 1994 10:04:30

Hi:

We just compiled NcFtp for Solaris, it works fine, except that
after you connect to a ftp host, and do a "ls" the prompt
disappears. If I do a set prompt at that point, I get it, until
I do a ls again, and it goes away.  Other commands like cd or pwd
keep the prompt intact.

I've defined the prompt in bothe the default and in the .netrc file.

Any help would be appreciated

- Suresh

--
Suresh Rajagopalan

Live life -- Rollerblade!

1. ncftp+term and probs with getting files

I'm using term 2.2.9 and kernel 1.1.72.  i can connect to sites just fine
with ncftp 1.8.6 but when I try to get a file, it syas it gets 100%, the ETA
field is --:--, and the file was created yet it is 0 bytes.  mget * doesn't
do anything.

does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?  every once in a while i
get C_GETHOSTBYNAME: host name lookup failure -1.  I used to get this before
I installed the TCP/IP package and ran startnet or something like that.  is
there something in the kernel that needs to be turned on that I may have
forgotten?

2. child process, child program

3. Solaris 2.6 Fixes year 2K probs; does Linux suffer the same probs

4. files that has not been modified for more than 4 hours

5. ncftp on solaris 2.6

6. removing NT loader

7. My 'ncftp' does not work on Solaris 2.4

8. Latest Version of Ytalk?

9. ncftp for Solaris?

10. Solaris Intel (x86) packages for Pine and NcFTP

11. Is my fetchmail prob. a sendmail prob.?

12. Sound card probs, modem probs. Help im cut off!!!!

13. XDM/X no '@' sign, sendmail daemon probs, v1.1.45 probs