Third Party Ethernet Card for UltraSPARC 10???

Third Party Ethernet Card for UltraSPARC 10???

Post by Thomas J. Bake » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I'm looking for infomation on using other ethernet cards on an UltraSPARC
10.  The price of the sun one ($700?) is a bit steep in this time of $25
10/100 PC ethernet cards.  Do other common PCI cards work or is only the
sun one supported?

Thanks,

tjb

Please reply via email if at all possible.  Thanks...

Third Party Ethernet Card for UltraSPARC 10???

Post by Alberto da Silv » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I've also been looking for a NIC (Intel / 3COM, etc) that will work.

The Ultra10S onboard hme0 NIC has a problem which has never been resolved
See bug report 4151557 - it keeps going offline / online under load (Using
Solaris 2.7).

Sun says that I (the customer) can't expect the same performance from a PCI
based
Server as from an Enterprise server - what crap.
In terms of Network there should be no difference.

Any suggestions for alternatives that work?

Thanks,

Alberto

Quote: