SCSI and IDE in a Blade 100 and a graphics question

SCSI and IDE in a Blade 100 and a graphics question

Post by J. Todd Slac » Fri, 31 May 2002 21:28:29

Hi All,

I was thinking of putting a SCSI card and a SCSI drive in my BLADE 100. Now,
on a PC I can do this, I know what to get, etc. On SUN Hardware I do not.

I looked at www.solutionssite.com and there are so many SCSI products that I
am not sure what to get and they all look very expensive compared to an
Adaptec PC product. I checked out Adaptec ad they don't seem to have
anything.

So does anybody have a recomendation on an inexpensize SCSI card and drive?

Also the same on the video front. What video card to upgrade to? Is it only
an 8 meg card in the blade now? Basically I am doing some Java 2D/3D work
and I would like better video performance.

I appreciate the help.

-Jason

SCSI and IDE in a Blade 100 and a graphics question

Post by J. Todd Slac » Fri, 31 May 2002 22:39:26

Replying to my own post:

Would a SUN DUAL SCSI PCI card work in a blade 100?

-Jason

Quote:> Hi All,

> I was thinking of putting a SCSI card and a SCSI drive in my BLADE 100.
Now,
> on a PC I can do this, I know what to get, etc. On SUN Hardware I do not.

> I looked at www.solutionssite.com and there are so many SCSI products that
> am not sure what to get and they all look very expensive compared to an
> Adaptec PC product. I checked out Adaptec ad they don't seem to have
> anything.

> So does anybody have a recomendation on an inexpensize SCSI card and
drive?

> Also the same on the video front. What video card to upgrade to? Is it
only
> an 8 meg card in the blade now? Basically I am doing some Java 2D/3D work
> and I would like better video performance.

> I appreciate the help.

> -Jason

SCSI and IDE in a Blade 100 and a graphics question

Post by bigboys » Fri, 31 May 2002 23:15:05

This one works.  I have one in my Sun Blade 100:

* SunSwift PCI 10/100 Ethernet & SE SCSI X1032A Adapter

Post by David Com » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 13:07:22

>This one works.  I have one in my Sun Blade 100:

>* SunSwift PCI 10/100 Ethernet & SE SCSI X1032A Adapter

And what did it cost?

David