ufsdump help

Post by jacky.da » Sat, 26 May 2001 11:57:49

I am useing ufsdump tools to backup data and using ufsrestore tools to
restore data.
Now I have a problem about restore data.
I run command for backup data as flowing
#mt -f /dev/rmt/0 rew
#ufsdump 0ucf /dev/rmt/0n  /
#ufsdump 0ucf /dev/rmt/0n  /usr

After backup data ,I check tape's data as flowing command
#ufsrestore tf /dev/rmt/0

Date backup is completeness.

I am artificial to delete /etc/mail ,run command as flowing
rm -r /etc/mail or mv /etc/mail /opt
  /etc/mail directory attribute
drwrxr-xr-x    2 root mail
 when I restore  and find /etc/mail directory attribute change
drwrxr-xr-x    2 root other
I am using ufsrestore to restore data
#ufsrestore xvf /dev/rmt/0     or
#ufsrestore xa /dev/rmt/0 ./etc/mail

Why  directory attribute change when as root to restore data.
--
Best Regards

Jacky Dai

ufsdump help

Post by jacky.da » Sat, 26 May 2001 15:13:50

> I am useing ufsdump tools to backup data and using ufsrestore tools to
> restore data.
> Now I have a problem about restore data.
> I run command for backup data as flowing
> #mt -f /dev/rmt/0 rew
> #ufsdump 0ucf /dev/rmt/0n  /
> #ufsdump 0ucf /dev/rmt/0n  /usr

> After backup data ,I check tape's data as flowing command
> #ufsrestore tf /dev/rmt/0

> Date backup is completeness.

> I am artificial to delete /etc/mail ,run command as flowing
> rm -r /etc/mail or mv /etc/mail /opt
>   /etc/mail directory attribute
> drwrxr-xr-x    2 root mail
>  when I restore  and find /etc/mail directory attribute change
> drwrxr-xr-x    2 root other
> I am using ufsrestore to restore data
> #ufsrestore xvf /dev/rmt/0     or
> #ufsrestore xa /dev/rmt/0 ./etc/mail

> Why  directory attribute change when as root to restore data.
> --
> Best Regards

> Jacky Dai

ufsdump help

Post by Reinier Po » Tue, 29 May 2001 18:48:10

>I am artificial to delete /etc/mail ,run command as flowing
>rm -r /etc/mail or mv /etc/mail /opt
>  /etc/mail directory attribute
>drwrxr-xr-x    2 root mail

Are you sure?

Quote:> when I restore  and find /etc/mail directory attribute change
>drwrxr-xr-x    2 root other

This is what it is set to on our Solaris machines.

Quote:>I am using ufsrestore to restore data
>#ufsrestore xvf /dev/rmt/0     or
>#ufsrestore xa /dev/rmt/0 ./etc/mail

>Why  directory attribute change when as root to restore data.

That is not supposed to happen.

--
Reinier

1. ufsdump help

This is the instruction:
mt rewind        -- to rewind the tape

ufsdump 0vf   /dev/rmt/0n   /

I have tried also:

ufsdump 0vf   /dev/rmt/0n /dev/rdsk/c0t3d0s0

This is the error I am getting when I use ufsdump:

"Starting verify pass
verification error 87 feet into tape 1"
Only happen when I use the v.  As you know v is for verification.

I don't understand the man ufsdump when it explain that
"This option cannot be used to verify a dump to standard output"
What does that means?  I cannot verify the tape.

Yes, I am in a single mode.

--

http://home.att.net/~norberto-rivera/ (Just click on this address.)
http://www.Adjuntas.com/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. lpr fails with HP Deskjet 612C

3. can i use linux operating system

4. SLACKWARE 1.2.0 - tty terminal OK [solution]

5. AOpen FM56PM PCI Modem

6. ufsdump - help

7. part 2/2 of: running ufsdump under "script ufsdump.log"

8. Solaris 8 ufsdump much slower than Solaris 7 ufsdump

9. Why so many ufsdump processes after I type "ufsdump 0f /dev/null /"?