How to get mail from MS-Exchange to Netscape

How to get mail from MS-Exchange to Netscape

Post by a-r-m-i- » Sat, 09 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hello,
I have an Microsoft Exchange Server running on a Alpha under NT 3.51.
My Laptop is a Sparcbook3 running Solaris 2.4 and Netscape 3.01.
The problem is: How is it possible to get incomming mail from the
Exchange Mail Server to my Sparcbook ?
If you can help me I say
thanks ffor taking action.

How to get mail from MS-Exchange to Netscape

Post by Joe Peffe » Sat, 09 Nov 1996 04:00:00

To the best of my knowledge Exchange Mail server is POP3 compliant and you
should be able to point your your Netscape mail to pull mail from the
server in that manner.

Post by Karel.DeBruy » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: To the best of my knowledge Exchange Mail server is POP3 compliant and you
: should be able to point your your Netscape mail to pull mail from the
: server in that manner.

Well, I think Exchange can use POP3 to fetch mail, but Exchange can not
be used as a POP3 server :-(

But, the good news is, the new release (Exchange v4.5) will include a POP3
server.

Warning : until last week I didn't know anything about Exchange, so please
don't call me an expert yet :-)

Karel
Karel De Bruyne
System/Network Manager                      phone      + 32 3 820 22 04
UIA - Computer Centre                       fax        + 32 3 820 22 49

1. Getting MS Exchange Mail on Linux?

   At work, I'm a Linux island in a sea of Microsoft. Currently, I
deal with MS Mail (our existing office mail system) by running a DOS
version of MS Mail in DosEmu (works great!). However, we're
"upgrading" to Windows 95, and MS Exchange.
   Is there a way to either run some version of MS Exchange in Linux
(either a DOS version in DosEmu, or...?) I don't see Wine as being
stable enough yet - is it? Or is there a Linux mail system (Freeware
or commercial) that "understands" MS Exchange?
   As always, any help would be greatly appreciated!

    "Ethernet(n): Device used to catch the etherbunny"

2. XF86config file for Dell Latitude XPi 120D Laptop

3. Getting Mail from MS Exchange Server

4. EtherExpress PRO/100 Network Adapter Drivers?

5. HELP: MS Exchange getting mail from Qmail and dialup ISDN.

6. Toshiba Laptop/Internal Mouse ?

7. Getting MS Exchange mail under Linux

8. Race in open(O_CREAT|O_EXCL) and network filesystem

9. Any linux/open-source mail clients that grok MS-exchange?

10. Linux mail server with MS-Mail/Exchange

11. Unix Mail & MS Exchange Mail

12. Ideas for linux/netscape access to MS Exchange server?

13. reading MS Exchange Mail in Linux