third button event using 2 button mouse

Post by Shobana Venkataram » Wed, 07 Dec 1994 00:42:51

Hi,
We are running 2.4 of Solaris-x86 on INTEL box. We have a microsoft
2 button mouse. The two buttons generate button1 and button2 events.
Verified it by running xev under /usr/openwin/demo. Our GUI application
needs button1 and button3 events. I have problem getting a button3
event using the mouse. I called the Solaris technical support and
they told me that I have to use XXsetPointerMapping in our code
to map button2 to button3. We run our application on lot of platforms
including Unixware which has 2 button mouse. The default for unixware
is button1 and button3 events.

Anyone ever had this problem before? Any ideas on how to generate
third button event using the mouse, without changing our code fully.

Shobana

Shobana Venkataraman

1. middle mouse button on three button mice

does anyone have a functioning 3-button mouse with a "Chic" label on top
who can get the middle button te be recognised by gpm/X.

when the button is pressed. I don't know what else and will only
investigate if there is nothing I have missed to set it up.

Under gpm it functions on the newer pnp type, it sends a M on opening
the serial port.

If anyone can point me to a version of gpm which can use it I would be
grateful.
I do know how to get at the source and hack in the support if nessacary
but I don't want to unless I have to.

2. 4.0.1 snapshot problem with more VT's

3. Middle mouse button sometimes generates button 1 and 3 events

4. Telnet without swap

5. KeyMouse 3-button mouse - anyone get the third button working?

6. SSL Web Server

7. Three button mouse problem (only works in 2 button mode) ?

8. Async. start User Process from kernel? (execve?)

9. 2 button mouse (how to get third button)

10. Using Logitech 3 button mouse, as a Logitech 3 button mouse.

11. Using middle button on 2-button mouse

12. setting mouse button event to key press event

13. PS2 third party three button mice?