Arrow Keys don't work in Java Applet on Netscape on SunOS

Arrow Keys don't work in Java Applet on Netscape on SunOS

Post by chelse » Sat, 26 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I'm running a Java applet inside of a Netscape browser under SunOS 4.1.3
type 5 keyboard and I'm having a problem getting arrow keys, and
function keys recognized.  BTW this works fine under Windows/Mac.  When
you press an arrow key or function key there is NO event
generated/intercepted in Java.  I suspect it's either a Java bug or a
problem with key mappings.  I'm pointing to the correct XKeysymDB but
that makes no difference (aside from eliminating the annoying startup
error messages).

Any ideas?

Cliff

--
Remove .nospam at the end of e-mail address to reply. Sorry for the
inconvenience but the junk mail ratio is getting too high.

Post by Vishal C. Thakk » Sun, 27 Apr 1997 04:00:00

: I'm running a Java applet inside of a Netscape browser under SunOS 4.1.3
: type 5 keyboard and I'm having a problem getting arrow keys, and
: function keys recognized.  BTW this works fine under Windows/Mac.  When
: you press an arrow key or function key there is NO event
: generated/intercepted in Java.  I suspect it's either a Java bug or a
: problem with key mappings.  I'm pointing to the correct XKeysymDB but
: that makes no difference (aside from eliminating the annoying startup
: error messages).

: Any ideas?

: Cliff

: --
: Remove .nospam at the end of e-mail address to reply. Sorry for the
: inconvenience but the junk mail ratio is getting too high.
never had that problem. Is your mouse on the region assigned to the applet? If it is not
then I guess any event generated will go to the browser instead of the applet.

Vishal C. Thakkar                               4632, South Hagadorn Road,
Graduate Student,                             Twyckingham Apts, Apt # C28,
Dept. of Electrical Engineering,                   East Lansing, MI 48823.
Michigan State University.                         Phone # (517) 332 8616.

1. Java applets don't work in Netscape on RH 6.0

I am having a problem with Netscape (both 4.51 and 4.6) on RH 6.0:
it crashes when trying to run a Java applet.

I tried using Peter Englmaier's ld-wrapper approach to run Netscape
with the old glibc-2.0 libraries, but that doesn't help.

Does anyone know how to to run Java applets in Netscape on RH 6.0?

        Ron Olsen
        Boulder Colorado

2. Printer Interfaces

3. Java applets don't show up in Netscape.

4. DIP/SLIP +16 Connections (SL_SLIP_LOTS)

5. Netscape Wrapper .. java applets don't run

6. Linux on RS6000

7. Arrow keys don't work in CDE

8. NIS daemon

9. arrow keys don't work in KDE

10. TCSH - arrow keys don't work

11. numeric keypad arrow keys don't work in XFree 3.1.1

12. Arrow keys in tcsh don't work

13. Q: Netscape + Java + Solaris2.5 don't work