Software to play audio cds on Sun Sparc Solaris 2.4

Software to play audio cds on Sun Sparc Solaris 2.4

Post by Any » Sat, 06 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Looking for program to allow CD on Sun Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.4 to be
used as audio CD. Any hints? Thanks!

Post by Steve Ka » Mon, 08 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> Looking for program to allow CD on Sun Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.4 to be
> used as audio CD. Any hints? Thanks!

The CD which comes free with Solaris 2, Catalyst, contains a product
called (I think) CD Walkman (?).  It allows you to play audio CD's
on a SPARCstation.

Steve Kay.

Post by Bryan Altha » Mon, 08 Jan 1996 04:00:00

: > Looking for program to allow CD on Sun Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.4 to be
: > used as audio CD. Any hints? Thanks!
: >

: The CD which comes free with Solaris 2, Catalyst, contains a product
: called (I think) CD Walkman (?).  It allows you to play audio CD's
: on a SPARCstation.

It's workman by Steven Grimm, the latest version can be ftp'd  from
ftp.hyperion.com in the "WorkMan" directory.

Post by Sahir N. Siddiq » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

   : The CD which comes free with Solaris 2, Catalyst, contains a product
   : called (I think) CD Walkman (?).  It allows you to play audio CD's
   : on a SPARCstation.

   It's workman by Steven Grimm, the latest version can be ftp'd  from
   ftp.hyperion.com in the "WorkMan" directory.
---
But on my Sparc20, you have to run a cable from the headphone jack to
the audio in port at the back, if you don't want to wear headphones
all the time...
-s
--
Sahir N. Siddiqui         Res: (201) 217-0952
PO Box 5176, Hoboken NJ 07030                       ))))

1. Playing audio CDs on Sparc/Solaris

Got a Sparc4 running Sol2.5, with a Pioneer DR-U124X driver attached
(probably irrelevant) as the first and only CD-ROM drive.

I've plugged headphones into the front panel.

I want a program like the ones you get for (spit) PCs, where a (spit)
windoze program shows the "front panel" of the CD drive so you can treat
it just like a player.

at the moment, the two-button interface (play/next-track, stop/eject) works
OK as long I kill volume daemon. if playing a disk, starting vold kills
the playback and mounts the disk as "unnamed_cdrom" etc, sigh.

I'd be happy enough with a command-line tool at a push.

also, what'd be really nifty would be to be able to read audio data
off the disk with a program and then use sound samples (being careful
not to infringe copyright of course!) in programs.

looked around but not seem much so far.

thanks for ideas

Paul

         snailto:Orwell House.Cowley Road.Cambridge.CB4 4WY.UK
Webto: http://www.motiv.co.uk (http:www.goodfellow.com http:www.Channel11.com)

2. Backup Client ???

3. Playing audio CDs on Sun Solaris 2.5

4. howto setup a pop for dailup

5. playing audio CDs on Sun cd-rom drive

6. Linux locking up.. HELP!

7. play audio cd on sparc 5

8. creative DXR3 PC-DVD.

9. how to play an audio-CD on Sun Ultra 5

10. Software to play audio CD's on Sparc20.

11. Software to play audio cd's

12. What software is available to play audio CDs (I *know* this is an FAQ)

13. NIS /YP on Solaris 2.4 (Sun SPARC)