Using the 1 Meg external cache on sparc 10s?

Using the 1 Meg external cache on sparc 10s?

Post by Packed in I » Sun, 20 Jun 1993 02:08:59

I am looking into the purchase of a Sparc 10 and I am wavering between
the Model 40 and Model 41.  The difference between the Model 40 and 41
is that the 41 has a 1 Meg external cache.  I have not been able to find
any documentation on the external cache, and in some test programs which
do operations on large vectors, and matrices, I have found the same
performance on the Model 41 as on the Model 30 (which has a lower clock
speed and should be around 20 percent slower).

Does anyone out there have any info on this?  Thanks.

                                                Mitch Kovarik